Washington University of St. Louis WashU IT in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of WashU IT-Enterprise Applications. This position is for the North Campus.
Under general supervision, responsible for the administration of access to all technological platforms of the university, while analyzing various policy and procedures to ensure security compliance for all systems. The position will act as the team leader to ensure thorough and consistent administration for all systems of a multi-faceted university.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead role to fulfill the requests for access for verified users to multiple technologies across multiple platforms and departmental units. Request fulfillment includes new user provisioning, file share access, access to various systems and networks, and off boarding of users from those same resources. Identify violations of security compliance for HIPAA and FERPA, coordinating with Information Security to address the issues.
- With a thorough understanding of the integrated collaboration of the academic and medical university, create and modify email resources such as calendars, shared mailboxes, rooms and distribution lists for multiple departments in the email environment. This includes the request for public facing email accounts, add and removal of members to a distribution list and identifying email routing issues. Utilizing PowerShell, SQL and other various applications to complete requests and extract information for auditing purposes.
- Consult with management and the Information Security team to create and maintain policies and documentation for the Access Management team. This includes the creation of knowledge base articles for new processes and the continual assessment of current policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Information Security policies and guidelines. Works with the other team members to routinely check PowerShell scripts and SQL commands as well as develop scripts to improve productivity.
- Steer the interdepartmental relationships with the various support groups of WashU IT to inform and educate on the policies, procedures and duties of the Access Management group. As well as act as the subject matter expert for access related incidents and requests for Service Desk.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline or equivalent technical education.
- 3 years of experience in an IT organization supporting a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technology field preferred
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience/Certification in Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience/Certification in Power Shell
- Experience with MS SQL
- Experience as a technical team leader
- Ability to multitask across multiple systems and platform while ensuring accurate data entry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to understand the relationship between administrative systems across multiple platforms
- Ability to adjust priorities, SLE, and user urgency
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with teammates to address workload
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Strong focus on customer service
- Ability to interact with people in various departments and communicate effectively to those individuals
- Work with a diverse group of individuals in a collaborative team environment
The hiring range for this position is $50,294 - $65,374 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Systems Access Specialist - WashU IT-Enterprise Applications - 41177
Job ID: 41177
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time