Brown Smith Wallace, LLC Support Analyst (IT Help Desk) in St. Louis, Missouri
Brown Smith Wallace is a nationally ranked top 100 full-service CPA and business advisory firm and one of the Midwest region’s most prominent locally owned public accounting firms with a staff of more than 300. The firm serves its long-term base of family owned, private companies with audit, accounting and tax services as well as a wide variety of business consulting services. We serve a wide variety of industries with expertise in broker-dealers, captive insurance companies, construction, financial institutions, health care, insurance companies, manufacturing, not-for-profit organizations, public sector, real estate, retail and startups.
The IT Support Analyst, I is responsible for the day-to-day support and operation of the Brown Smith Wallace network.
- Install and maintain desktop and laptop computers with their associated software
- Organize and document firm assets, systems and best practices
- First point of contact for internal customers
- Provide accurate and timely support to all levels of employees
- Support third-party software applications
- Perform hands-on technical upgrades and deployments
- Research new technologies and make recommendations
- Analyze business and IT processes, technologies and applications
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Triage issues and escalate as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree or equivalent technical school training required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
- 2+ years IT experience in desktop support
- MCSA, Security+ or equivalent certification preferred
- Excellent problem solving and customer-service skills
- Working knowledge of computer hardware
- Working knowledge of Local Area Networks and Wireless networking
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of Apple IOS and Android Smart Phones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong team player with solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with various departments and external organizations
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed for task completion
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
- Willingness to learn and ability to work with little supervision
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 50 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Occasional overtime is required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work is required and may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Division: 4001 BSW, LLP
Job Code: 702
# of Openings: 1