Washington University of St. Louis Statistical Data Analyst - Pulmonary and Critical Care - 49451 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is within the Department of Internal Medicine; Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care. The position is located at the Medical School Campus, Northwest Tower.
The Statistical Data Analyst (Programmer Analyst) will work under the Direction of Dr. Patrick Lyons, whose research focuses on using electronic health record data combined with epidemiology, biostatistics, and machine learning methods to improve the care of hospitalized patients.**The analyst will perform data management and/or data analysis for investigators using statistical software. The analyst will assist investigators in the design of experiments and epidemiological studies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs data cleaning and data management for investigators using statistical software.
- Develops and executes complex data analyses and modeling projects, including generation of tables and graphs, and providing data for abstract and manuscript submissions.
- Assists investigators in the design of experiments and epidemiological studies.
- Assists in data base design, implementation, and maintenance of data collected over time for research purposes, including acquisition, editing, and reporting.
- May function as a statistical consultant, primarily in collaborative studies involving the medical school community.
- Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as math, statistics, computer science or epidemiology).
- Experience and proficiency with data analysis and data management utilizing statistical software utilized by departments.
- Master’s degree in statistics, computer science or a related field.
- Experience in biomedical and/or clinical studies is desirable.
- Familiarity with R or Stata software.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
The hiring range for this position is $47,986 - $61,194 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Patrick G. Lyons, M.D., M.Sc., is an intensivist and physician-scientist with research interests in clinical research informatics, biostatistics, healthcare delivery, and learning health systems. His current research involves (1) creation, evaluation, and implementation of risk prediction models for hospitalized patients with cancer, (2) leveraging health information technology to improve care transitions for high-risk inpatients, and (3) human-centered design of health information technology.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Statistical Data Analyst - Pulmonary and Critical Care - 49451
Job ID: 49451
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time