Washington University of St. Louis Statistical Data Analyst II - University Registrar - 50037 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. Work outside normal office hours as needed is required.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Office of the University Registrar. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The ability to travel to on and off-campus locations as needed is required. Working remotely may be required as necessitated by business conditions.
This position is responsible for handling data and research needs within the Office of the University Registrar and data requests made by the campus community, in support of the Assistant University Registrar. The position also provides primary support for system user security, and backup support for several vendor tools used by the Office of the University Registrar.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Extract data such as course enrollments, grades, or demographics from the student information system and provide analysis on these combined data sets as directed by the Assistant University Registrar and University Registrar; support reporting system users as appropriate.
- Apply new/changed user security requests for access to SIS after approval from the University Registrar according to best practices; maintain records of user security.
- Work with Office of the University Registrar colleagues and campus partners to respond to ad hoc data requests or connect them with existing resources and reports.
- Provide support and backup to primary administrator for course evaluations/degree audit vendor tools.
- Collaborate as appropriate with campus partners, such as Institutional Research, Student Financial Services, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Financial Planning, and Information Technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three years of relevant experience or a master’s degree and one year of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, statistics, higher education administration, or other related field.
- Experience with creating data visualizations.
- Experience with assessment design and evaluation.
- Understanding of the issues of higher education and the ability to develop recommendations within a contextual understanding of institutional needs.
- Creativity and perception to create meaningful displays of information that communicate complicated data to audiences of diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency in appropriate analysis software and languages, such as Excel, Access, SQL, Tableau Desktop.
- Knowledge of manipulating data sets including querying, integration, and data cleaning.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and methodologies (descriptive, correlational, and inferential).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work with teams.
- Ability to work independently on projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
The hiring range for this position is $44,987 - $57,369 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Statistical Data Analyst II - University Registrar - 50037
Job ID: 50037
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time