Express Scripts Sr. Manager, Regulatory Management in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Manager – Regulatory Management is responsible for daily administration of the regulatory licensing process and serves as a point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of understanding. The position’s responsibilities include but are not limited to management of team’s work load to meet submission deadlines, preparation and distribution of reports to internal partners, and general support of core business initiatives. Additionally this position will supervise a team of legal analysts who are responsible for obtaining and maintaining core business licenses including but not limited to pharmacy, wholesale and home health agency licenses. The role will develop, maintain and communicate processes and procedures to ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined within and outside the legal analyst team and develop quality improvement efforts by analyzing and recommending process improvements to improve overall licensing process quality, efficiency and internal/external customer satisfaction. Team and employee development are also components of this position.
- Daily administration of the regulatory licensing process, including manage and/or support new license applications, renewals, and ad hoc support of general business initiatives.
- Lead legal analysts by setting goals, assigning/managing workload, and personnel development.
- Serve as an escalation point to legal analysts and business for issues requiring a higher degree of understanding.
- Develop, maintain and communicate processes and procedures to ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined within and outside the legal analyst team.
- Develop quality improvement efforts by analyzing and recommending process improvements to improve overall licensing process quality, efficiency and internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Ensure data and databases are accurate.
- Generate and distribute standard and ad hoc reports.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8-12 years of experience.
- Knowledge of regulatory license preferred .
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Experience with SharePoint preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to balance multiple deadlines.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is critical.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team leadership and management experience.
- Analytical, highly organized with data management skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to resolve issues related to licensure.
- Ability to work with internal and external partners at all levels of management.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Legal department is ultimately tasked with protecting the Express Scripts brand. Our teams of attorneys and legal professionals oversee contracting activities and licensing, ensuring corporate and SEC compliance, and supporting merger and acquisition activity. Legal also drives the company’s public affairs efforts at the federal and state levels. When hiring for this team, we look for professionals with passion, enthusiasm, and integrity to help us sustain the best-in-class service we provide to our clients every day.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.