Express Scripts Sr Java Development Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
The Senior Software Development Engineer uses specialized depth and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex software application programs. Leads work groups that are responsible for software development, design and quality testing. This position will create detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming and act as a mentor to others in these programs. The Senior Software Development Engineer will maintain these programs by coding, testing, and debugging documents. This position is competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application programming activities.
- Partner with multiple vendors to create estimates and delivery plans for projects or programs across an application family.
- Ensure quality of technology delivery of multiple vendors’ technology solutions for multiple concurrent projects or programs for an application family.
- Provide technology leadership and delivery accountability for solutions for multiple concurrent projects within an application family. (i.e. Claims, C&PS, or CS&DW).
- Serve as SME for components of the team.
- Partner with architects to set direction for maturing use of/retiring/adding technology components in the ESI environment.
- Provide technical guidance to projects/programs for complex components of a multiple technology suites.
- Lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
- Lead teams to resolve urgent and high production incidents.
- Lead actions to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Function as team leader for a large or complex unit with accountability for: 1) setting direction to mature the technology associated with the team. Key aspect of this is “tech debt” removal when possible; 2) identify and implement process enhancement opportunities associated with supporting the application area.
- 8-12 years with a Bachelor’s degree; 6-10 years with a Master's degree; 14-18 years of experience with no Bachelor's degree.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations and medical law
- Understanding of medical terminology along with an understanding of Pharma Rebates/Guarantee’s process
- Experience with administrative and accounting procedures
- Preferred knowledge in the following technologies: Oracle / TeraData / DB2 / SQL Server, Unix Scripting, Mainframe, J2EE Web Development, IBM WebSphere, Agile / Jira, ReactJS, SpringBoot and GitHub
- Ability to provide and implement technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal.
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry.
- Familiar with working in a vendor partner model.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools and applications.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes? Be a part of our team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, this talent is relied on to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 83 million Americans, explore our opportunities.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran