IBM Sr. Hardware Developer Intern Summer 2019 in St Louis, Missouri
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2019 (3 months)
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to grow your career!
Sr. Hardware Developer Interns develop and test the hardware and semiconductor designs that comprise our industry-leading IBM products. We are a world-class development team that pioneers innovations for the cutting-edge microprocessors and hardware used in IBM Systems including IBM Storage, IBM Power Systems and IBM Z Mainframes. Sr. Hardware Developer Interns participate in various aspects of the development and test process such as:
• System and microprocessor architecture
• Microprocessor circuit design, logic design, and functional verification
• Physical design and layout
• Signal integrity and analysis
• Microelectronics packaging
• Materials analysis and characterization
• Mechanical design and technology integration
• Thermal design and testing
• Voltage regulation and power delivery
• Performance modeling
• Processor and system test and validation
Sr. Hardware Developer Interns are in demand across IBM's growth areas. Ideal candidates will possess enthusiasm for hardware design and test, and have strong verbal and written communication skills. You'll be matched and deployed to a development team in a strategic business, based on your offered location and fit. These are office-based positions in IBM locations including:
AZ - Tucson*
MN - Rochester
NY - Poughkeepsie
TX - Austin
Opportunities in all locations will vary based on business demand
*indicates cities with limited opportunities
Who You Are:
You are highly motivated and have a passion for pursuing a career path in mechanical OR electrical OR computer engineering.
You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines.
You are great at solving problems, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
What You'll Do:
- Candidates chosen to become part of our world-class development teams will help advance IBM's leadership to develop the highest performing computers and game-changing hardware solutions. Come THINK with us!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have basic knowledge in one of the following technology areas: Fundamentals in hardware design and/or test
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Candidates with at least three to six months of team-based work experience with hardware products are preferred but NOT required.
Willing to travel up to 10%
Bachelors or Masters Degree
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.