Express Scripts Sr. Director, Core Enterprise Platforms in St. Louis, Missouri
In this role, you will hire and lead a world class software development organization responsible for rethinking the way we deliver core platforms and experiences to our customers.
We are in the middle of reengineering our software ecosystem to bring a new generation of solutions and agility to the mix. This individual will be a catalyst for the adoption of cloud platforms, and driving rapid re-engineering of existing products. We are seeking a strong visionary in technology that will drive these critical roadmaps.
You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of services that enable this shift. You will draw from your deep and broad technical expertise to hire and mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues.
You will manage and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scale systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of reliable distributed services. You will have an opportunity to evangelize and champion adoption of a new set of solutions across the enterprise. We are working to bring a new suite of capabilities to market that will be directly based on micro-services and APIs that your organization will deliver.
- Manages a team at one or more sites to complete assigned deliverables; works to develop employees’ skills, evaluates performance, provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relations issues.
- Prioritizes requests and activities and develop schedules and workplans for projects/initiatives. Consults with business departments as needed. Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks and reports progress to upper management. Acts as liaison between business management and IS to resolve issues and monitor results.
- Establishes, communicates and administers short and long-term strategies in coordination with all other IS and business senior management for assigned information technology department. Tracks and periodically reports progress to senior management. Sets and manages budget.
- Develops annual budgets; tracks and reports results, often for multiple departments. Tracks activities and records results on departmental scorecard and overall IT Scorecard.
- Represents Information Technology in cross-functional meetings and projects. Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
- 10+ years of engineering management experience preferably with Internet-scale experience
- 7+ years experience with building and leading diverse and highly talented teams with an emphasis on scaling them to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business
- 7+ years of experience managing software development teams and shipping software-based products or services.
- Systematically strong analytic and quantitative analysis skills
- This leader must have demonstrated that they have succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team
- Experience driving a technical enterprise product and team with end to end inbound and outbound product responsibilities
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that lead to results
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Experience with agile development
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Technology - Software Engineering
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.