Express Scripts Sr. DevOps Software Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
Support source control, build and deployment toolkit and processes. Design, develop, document, implement and debug technical products and software programming applications. Recommend alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
• Possesses an expert level knowledge of the tools and processes required by the role
• Functions well in large-scale, complex, cross-functional / platform environment
• May have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of others
- Work with the Software Engineering Release, Testing and Development teams to maintain and enhance our source control, build and deployment toolkit and processes.
- Work with IT and Business management to evaluate complex user requests, projects and clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs.
- Determine feasibility, time required, compatibility with current system and system capabilities.
- Work with functional architects to define and implement application architecture.
- Code new or modified computer programs into existing systems and test program effectiveness. Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot programming problems.
- Develop detailed application designs and specifications for applications.
- Write documentation describing program development, logic, coding and corrections.
- Participate in the development of user manuals and operating procedures.
- Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or systems and/or programming knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8-12 years’ experience designing and developing business applications or other software
- Perform analysis of systems issues or changes.
- Formulates detailed program specifications using structured analysis and design methodology. Prepare project documentation when needed.
- Thorough knowledge of programming concepts, design, procedures and practices
Experience with administration of source code and build tools, with particular emphasis on:
Understanding of the following tools:
- Experience with configuration management database
- Adaptability and willingness to learn
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other Departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Extremely process and detail oriented
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.