Express Scripts Sr. Data Integration - Platform Architect in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Data Integration Platform Architect is responsible for the design, development and implementation of data and integration platforms. Successful candidates will have deep experience and proven ability in one or many enterprise data and integration technology platforms, such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark/Spark Streaming, Kafka/Kafka Streams, Teradata, Ab Initio, Informatica, Talend, Attunity, MongoDB, Cassandra, or other big data and streaming analytics platforms.
Express Scripts is making substantial investments to transform its enterprise data and analytics ecosystem to support modern information architecture that includes streaming data and analytics, enterprise data hub and data warehousing, data catalog and metadata management, artificial intelligence, and machine learning capabilities. This multi-year initiative leveraging latest open source technologies for an end to end transformation of ESI data and analytics ecosystem is expected to result in vastly improved agility and speed to market and high quality, accessible data assets.
- Provide in-depth technical consultation and organization leadership in implementing short and long term strategies for assigned data platform engineering team(s), transforming the strategies into prioritized initiatives.
- Balance a wide-range of initiatives and manage relationships with other IT leaders and product owners.
- Analyze highly complex business systems and be in charge of the technical backlogs to implement features and enhancements in an iterative way aligning with the enterprise strategy.
- Collaborate with existing core system technical teams to encapsulate the entities with appropriate data modeling and service layers, and partnering for application transition roadmaps are foundational skills.
- Ability to develop and publish detailed reference architectures, standards, and guidelines pertaining to data ingestion, processing, access and governance on Hadoop
- Consult on major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall data integration, asset, or platform portfolio.
- Evaluates a wide range of technology trends, industry standards and best practices as part of a solution design and document the resulting designs, risk assessments and conclusions.
- Responsible for prototyping complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies.
- Provide cross-team guidance on best practices, software architectures and strategies that lead to cohesive software systems
- Perform financial assessments of platform changes and enhancements
- Direct the creation of reusable technology components within ESI’s enterprise architecture.
- Responsible for large scale implementations and transformations through managing multiple stakeholders at all levels (business, technical and regulatory); understand and address organizational barriers.
- Maintain collaborative and strategic partnerships between customers, vendors, business partners, and IT.
- Contribute toward forecasts of business and IT trends to define the technical direction within a portfolio, project or market.
- Guide the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision.
- Research and make innovative recommendations around new technologies.
- Key strengths include: leadership, team building, problem solving, analytic thinking, decision making, coaching, relationship building and adaptability
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards.
- Participate during incident management events and provides consultative recommendations on viable resolutions.
- Deliver artifacts, technical alternative documents and architectural designs that meet business and product features. Effectively communicate designs and procedures in writing, defining and building repeatable and sustainable data and analytics solutions
- Mentors staff to develop key software systems development skills & capabilities.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Minimum educational requirements Bachelor's degree and 5+ years’ experience.
- Experience working with event-driven architecture (RabbitMQ/ Kafka) and change data capture architecture (Attunity) is a plus.
- Experience in design and development of big data, streaming and real-time data integration solutions.
- Experience in Big Data Technology like Hadoop, Spark, Hbase, Storm, Hive, Pig, Oozie and Map Reduce.In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; shared software concepts and product features.
- Design components including Data Models, Data Flow Diagrams and Architecture Diagrams.
- Thorough knowledge of database design and data integration patterns and automation best-practices (TDD, BDD, etc.).
Experience working in Linux OS environment.
Experience in harvesting, analyzing storing, and reporting data lineage and implementing data catalog and metadata management solutions like:Alation, ERWin, IBM Infosphere, etc.
- Modern IDEs like Eclipse and version control systems like GitHub
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools: Jira, Confluence, Hipchat
Relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL, and RDBMS interaction using JDBC and SQL.NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or CouchDB
Proven track record building new products and integrating them with legacy applications and services.Deep understanding of how to design and build scalable, cloud-based data and analytics solutions.
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tools including Bamboo/Jenkins, GoCD, Git/Github/BitBucket, etc.).
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM software development a plus.
Experience in publishing technical documents and user guides;
Experience implementing data security solutions to protect patient and client information (SSL, Authorization, Authentication, Column/Row-Based Security, etc.)
Experience with healthcare industry and regulations (i.e. HIPPA, HITRUST, NIST, etc.) very helpful
Willingness to travel limited amounts
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunityemployer/disability/veteran