IBM Solutions Security Architect - Center of Excellence / SWAT TEAM in St Louis, Missouri
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things - changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience – it’s what IBMers do. As we tackle the world’s biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, and we’re looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals. This role requires highly skilled consultants who solve broad, cross-cutting challenges for IBM's most strategic customers and perform related 'evangelism' activities. We are seeking candidates with deep skills cross industries and subject matter expertise in IT security. Of particular importance is hands-on experience and deep understanding of Data Security offerings. Candidates of choice will be deployed at a global level and will play a key role in developing/delivering sales and technical enablement to effectively sell IBM Data Risk Management (IDRM) solutions.
The Solutions Security Architect - Center of Excellence/ SWAT TEAM will work with the regions to create and drive its solutions tailored to clients’ business needs and integrate the IBM and brand capabilities in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition. In this role, candidates must be able to apply data security knowledge and experience in the business risk space, bringing new business and technology insights to assigned clients accelerating the adoption of IDRM offerings.
Candidates should understand the competition and have skills/experience in business risks around data. Key client contacts will be C-Level executives who will want discussion and practical proof points of how to (and why) implement IDRM solutions in an Enterprise environment. IDRM is in the early adoption phase, so many prospects will demand proof of concepts and "hands-on" assistance. Hands-on technical experience is highly desirable, but a rich background in Data Security is very valuable in this role and would be considered.
Key responsibilities are inclusive of global sales support, training, knowledge transfer:
• Span all aspects of Sales, Consulting, Deployment, Delivery, and Portfolio Management
• Sales: pre-sales support, project scoping, solutioning, architecting, technical sales (familiarity with Guardium and Information Risk Protection products), account management, Identification and Ownership of opportunities, Services offerings, Software security portfolio, client briefings/presentations, cross-Lob collaborations
• Consulting: familiarity with Data Risk Manager service offerings, Proof of concept support, project estimations
• Deployment: Data Risk Manager deployment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelors Degree
• Minimum 10-20 years experience in Software /services solutioning around Data Security
• Minimum 5-10 years experience in pre-sales and post-sales engagements in security space
• Readiness to travel 75% travel annually (Domestic as well as international)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Masters Degree/ Engineering
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.