Monsanto Software Engineering Manager, Backend (Data Analytics) in St. Louis, Missouri
*Position Overview: *The Climate Corporation is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. We are looking for an individual to lead and grow a team of experienced and talented engineers in the delivery of Climate’s analytics platform to provide a solid foundation for the delivery of Climate’s next generation data science based products. This role is a unique opportunity to leverage Climate’s powerful cloud services, massive depth of data, and cutting edge scientific modeling to deliver a disruptive platform that makes a real world difference.
What You Will Do:
- Lead, grow, and inspire a talented team of engineers focused on building and managing a cutting edge analytics platform that powers the Climate platform
- Collaborate with product, data scientist, and engineering on the next generation of the industry-leading agriculture platform
- Fearlessly drive an efficient and effective Agile software development process to manage a deep backlog and launch iteratively developed solutions
- Motivate and provide necessary tools for engineers to work with the confidence to create simple solutions to complex problems
- Ensure stability of Climate’s product through robust, scalable and fault tolerant software development practices
- Help your team meet their goals and strive to be their best
- Work with cutting edge open source platforms such as Hadoop, YARN, Flink, Spark, etc.
- Act as an active source of engineering talent and work with recruiting teams to build and scale the future of engineering at The Climate Corporation
- Align the team’s goals and objectives towards the “Bigger Picture” of the Climate Corporation
- Represent Climate and present at local Meetups, User Groups and Conferences
2+ years of demonstrated ability to grow and lead a team of engineers in a fast paced startup environment
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing robust back-end services using Agile, Scrum, Kanban or similar development management practices
- Experience in architecting and playing a part in the design and code review processes for consumer-facing applications
At least 2 years experience with deployment in large cloud-based distributed environments
- At least 2 years experience working with distributed platforms such as YARN, Flink, Spark, etc.
- Knowledge of functional programming (Strong Plus)
- Experience with dynamic language (Python) (Desired)
- Experience with compiled JVM language (Java, Scala) (Strong Plus)
- Experience with open source schedulers (Airflow)
- Experience with AWS or similar distributed architecture
- * What We Offer: *
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission: The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference https: youtu.be c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https: climate.com careers
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please access our disability accommodations process for further assistance.
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: EEOC Poster; EEOC Supplement.