Express Scripts Software Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
Express Scripts is looking for a talented software engineer to advance the development efforts of the Automation Engineering Team at Express Scripts. The ideal candidate will have development experience, a proven record of creating good user experiences, and a desire to automate all things possible.
In this role, this person will be collaborating with others on the Automation Engineering Team, as well as cross-functionally with members of the server, database, operations, support, and security organizations to automate various tasks in the enterprise, especially in the virtualization infrastructure. He/she will also develop dashboards to integrate several disparate data sources into a single consumable resource for senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Develop APIs consumable by internal enterprise customers
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate miscellaneous tasks
- Develop front end UI for communicating a variety of information to customers. Will include dashboards, dynamic forms for interacting with back-end systems, and middleware scripts to integrate non-connected systems/APIs.
- Maintain a clean codebase through effective use of repo management
- Demo work regularly for the team as part of regular sprint cadence
- Participate in pair programming with various members of the team, including intern(s), mentoring them and fostering their growth
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures while developing scalable, automated solutions
- 5-8 years of experience with Bachelor’s degree; 3-5 years of experience with Master’s degree; 11-14 years of experience with no Bachelor's degree.
- Cross-functional testing and de-bugging skills
- Experience working in an agile development & infrastructure team
- Effective application of best practices: Test-Driven Development, 12-Factor, etc.
- 4-8 years of experience with multiple high level languages: Python, Ruby, Node.js, etc.
- Front-end framework (ReactJS, AngularJS, KnockoutJS, or similar) experience
- Front-end design acumen
- Experience with database technologies: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, facilitation, collaboration, and prioritization skills
- Energy, integrity, and strong work ethic
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes? Be a part of our team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, this talent is relied on to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 83 million Americans, explore our opportunities.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran