Express Scripts Software Development Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
Modifies applications programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. This is an entry level position for an individual who has had sufficient educational background and/or experience to qualify them to start in applications programming.
- Work with IT management to evaluate user requests, clarify objectives and functional requirements for less complex modifications to existing or new computer programs.
- Code modifications to computer programs into existing systems and tests program effectiveness.
- Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot programming problems.
- With assistance of a team member, writes documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- May develop user manuals and operating procedures.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 6 to 8 years of experience.
- 0-2 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge of programming languages and/or application of technical principles, theories and concepts.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others to resolve issues with innovative solutions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to provide clear communications, both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools and applications.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health. Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran