Washington University of St. Louis Shared Business Services in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Shared Business Services. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
The Shared Business Services Hub provides financial and human resources transaction processing and payroll monitoring services to various University departments. This position will be primarily responsible for the systems, reporting and analysis needs of the Shared Business Services Hub. Primary duties include design, implementation and maintenance of technology solutions and business applications for the Shared Business Services Hub, as well as report writing, report generation, analysis and documentation of business practices/workflows.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the subject-matter expert supporting the ServiceNow Service Management System. Create reports and performance monitoring dashboards for Shared Business Services Hub leadership and staff. Develop metrics and analyze data. Consult with users on configuration and design elements, while coordinating activities utilizing project management skills.
- Serve as the Shared Business Services Hub liaison with Washington University IT on ServiceNow upgrades and enhancements. Maintain custom tables, monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues. Develop and maintain documentation regarding business rules and logic. Make recommendations for and implement improvements and streamlining of processes and procedures, independently and in collaboration with others.
- Complete reporting and data analysis projects using Cognos, Query Studio, Data Warehouse and Access. Projects include developing and generating standard reporting packages for the Shared Business Services Hub or supported departments, ad hoc data analysis and custom report creation.
- Develop and maintain expertise in various reporting tools and systems utilized by the university; includes learning data elements in various administrative systems (general ledger, personnel/payroll) and reporting tools (Cognos Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse, TM1, Access and SQL).
- Develop training materials and conduct ServiceNow training sessions for Shared Business Services Hub staff and new department users.
- Update and maintain department website.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in management information systems or business, or 4+ years of experience in systems administration, analysis, and reporting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Access, and Word).
- Knowledge of financial data and related analysis/reporting.
- Database experience (Access, DB2, SQR or SQL a plus).
- Experience with constituent relationship nanagement (CRM) systems; knowledge of the ServiceNow Service Management System a plus.
- Experience with enterprise resource planning systems; knowledge of WorkDay a plus.Prior experience in higher education.
- Financial system analysis and reporting experience with IBM Cognos or other business intelligence tools.
- Advanced Access or related database knowledge.
- Proficient in Excel, with strong background in Macros and Pivot Tables; and Word.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- A self-motivated individual driven by challenge with the ability to work independently; actively attempts to influence events, originates ideas and takes action.
- Ability to meet deadlines with varying degrees of pressure.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities; ability to properly assess pertinent data and develop a framework for effective and practical solutions to complex issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a service-oriented communicator who is a true team player with the ability to forge relationships and bring diverse groups together on difficult accounting reporting and system issues.
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage projects, set priorities and goals, monitor performance against goals and standards, and ensure successful project implementation.
- Knowledge of internal controls; ability to streamline/automate transaction processing and recording.
The hiring range for this position is $51,909 - $67,470 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
- North Campus Suite 1520 (St. Louis City), tobacco free environment.
- 37.5 hour work week with extra hours as needed.
- Ability to travel to various locations on campus may be required.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Reporting and Systems Analyst - Shared Business Services - 40729
Job ID: 40729
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time