Ameren Senior Technical Architect - Cloud in St. Louis, Missouri
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
The Senior Technical Architect is responsible for establishing current and long-range direction of cloud technologies aimed at keeping the organization on the forefront of transformational change. This position will focus on cloud architecture activities that support enterprise objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop and lead the adoption of the enterprise private, public and hybrid cloud architecture roadmaps and cloud adoption decision frameworks considering repeatable patterns and solutions, business value and technical fit, as required to meet the business needs of the organization.
• Provide technical direction to team members and act as a key hands on contributor. Bring ability to solve highly technical complex problems and consult on multiple projects. Become a trusted subject matter expert within the organization. Provide coaching and mentoring to junior level technical staff.
• Guide the DevSecOps automation approach in collaboration with other technical leaders and architects. Review code and designs to ensure adherence to best practices, and guide developers and engineers in the use of secure code guidelines.
• Stay abreast of new cloud technology trends (such as Lambda, serverless technologies) and lead the development of technical roadmaps in collaboration with other architects and technical leaders.
• Provides technical review reports with recommendations to the leadership team. Reviews technical project requests for large business line technology projects.
• Performs system wide / cross functional team management on projects to evaluate, design and implement new technology systems. Lead team members and provide work guidance to meet project objectives and assure timeliness, quality and cost effectiveness.
• Support other Digital projects as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics, or equivalent. Master's Degree preferred. Substantial, related experience might be considered in lieu of education. Ten or more years of IT experience, with at least 3 years of Cloud experience. Specifically, demonstrated experience with the following:
• Amazon Web Services (AWS), cloud architecture, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS)
• Development using containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, and serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda and AWS Fargate
• Software design and development experience with:
o Linux servers
o Object oriented and functional languages, such as Java and Scala
o Web services using various API standards, such as SOAP, REST and/or GraphQL
o SQL and NoSQL databases
• Good understanding of design patterns and object-oriented analysis and design
• Experience with Modeling/diagramming tools
• DevOps automation and continuous integration/continuous deployment experience
• Ability to influence outcomes across business and IT
• Infrastructure as code using Terraform strongly preferred
• Program/project management in both waterfall and agile environments preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution service, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois develops, owns and operates rate-regulated regional electric transmission projects. For more information, visit Ameren.com, or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp, Facebook.com/AmerenCorp, or LinkedIn/company/Ameren.