Washington University of St. Louis Senior Report Analyst, Advancement Services - University Advancement - 49460 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of University Advancement. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Support University Advancement in the design and use of alumni, friend, and donor data. Work with Advancement Services and other UA staff to coordinate data projects and deliverables with WU Information Technology and external vendors. Design and produce timely and accurate reports, audit queries and other data media to support fund-raising efforts of the University, and fulfill external data requests. Expert-level knowledge of the Alumni & Development Information System (ADIS), its data, and how that data can support WU activities. This position reports to the Manager of Data Reporting and Analytics.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce and distribute accurate and reliable data outputs from ADIS within required deadlines based on priorities established by the Associate Vice Chancellor of Advancement Services and Administration and the Senior Director of Advancement Services. Review and evaluate user data output requests. Design solutions and develop programs to standardize frequent requests (including the leveraging of Cognos and Tableau reporting software), as well as address special requests for reporting needs. Conduct analysis on data and assist in the development of improved reporting to UA. Assist in maintaining the integrity of the ADIS database through audit development and maintenance. Create ad-hoc reports as requested and approved by the Associate Vice Chancellor of Administration and AdvancementServices, the Senior Director of Advancement Services and Manager of Data Reporting and Analytics.
- Track and maintain detail of user data requests. Work with colleagues to develop, implement, and review quality and scheduling controls to ensure production schedules are maintained and outputs are accurate. Document all production jobs, including timing and distribution. Maintain ongoing communication with colleagues to ensure accuracy and timeliness of user requests and other report projects. Use this information to assist in managing workflow for department.
- Maintain responsibility for daily, monthly, and annual reporting. Prepare, produce, and validate reporting projects by proactively preparing requested data. Work with WU Information Technology and Accounting Services, distribute year-end reports on schedule.
- Assist in continuous training of UA staff on data requests and data usage, including guidance on improved use of the ADIS system. Work with Help Desk and Training Resources to develop responses to commonly asked questions. Lead classroom sessions and brainstorming/needs assessment sessions as needed.
- Participate as an active member of the Advancement Services team assisting with project planning and scheduling to ensure all deadlines are met or exceeded. Suggest new ideas for improved service to UA staff and other customers.
- Work closely with WU Information Technology resources assigned to A&D, as well as external vendors as needed.
- Assist as needed with other technology related projects, such as website and marketing projects, including mass e-mail and updates to web displayed information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years of experience in business analysis, including two years of experience with common programming languages.
- Familiarity with database systems and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
- Highly-motivated and energetic, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically while planning, prioritizing, and implementing effectively.
- Demonstrated success as a team member able to work efficiently toward development objectives within a complex organization while building effective working relationships.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous projects successfully.
- Commitment to the mission of higher education.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and customer-service skills, with the ability to develop rapport with others across multiple units.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, experience with Reporting Services software, including Cognos and/or Tableau.
- Two years of experience with SQL.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Familiarity with HTML.
- Prior experience in a higher education technology environment.
- Familiarity with advancement programs.
The hiring range for this position is $52,943 - $68,816 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
To learn more about careers in University Advancement, please visit http://alumni.wustl.edu/ContactUs/Career_Opportunities/.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Interested candidates should include a cover letter and resume with their application.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Report Analyst, Advancement Services - University Advancement - 49460
Job ID: 49460
Location: Alumni & Development Programs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time