Washington University of St. Louis Senior Director of Data Analytics, Business Intelligence Unit - University Advancement - 48747 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Business Intelligence Unit - University Advancement. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Senior Director of Data Analytics is a member of the University Advancement Business Intelligence Unit, which is comprised of three key functional areas: analytics, research and prospect management. The senior director will manage the data analytics program and work collaboratively with the Senior Director of Prospect Research and the Senior Director of Prospect Management. The senior director will take a leading role in helping inculcate a strengthened culture of data-driven decision making at all levels in preparation for the next campaign. This position reports to the Assistant Vice Chancellor, Business Intelligence, and will play a key role in reorganizing legacy business processes in line with University Advancement strategic initiatives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with prospect management and prospect research, identify analytical strategies to develop prospecting plans to continuously find high value/inclination prospects to fill a fundraiser’s pipeline. The plans will define who, when and how a prospect will move into a prospect pool or portfolio based on the fundraiser scope of work/role.
- Responsible for identifying and evaluating new technology and solutions that may help increase the efficiency of processes or strengthen the ability to derive insights from data.
- Serve as in-house expert on internal and external modeling and wealth screening services, and work to ensure that University Advancement continually receives maximum value from these services.
- Interpret data using statistics and predictive modeling to discover constituent patterns along with assessing and investigating potential issues with large data sets. Use data to aid in business decisions supporting fundraising goals and resource deployment.
- Utilize appropriate tools for visual data analysis (e.g. Tableau, Pursuant, Virtual Analyzer) to organize visualized metrics into useful delivery systems.
- Collaborate with University Advancement leadership to maintain, update and refresh existing and new performance management dashboards, key performance indicators, and other standard reports.
- Collaborate with prospect research and prospect management to reorganize legacy business processes in a way that is reportable and in line with University Advancement strategic objectives.
- Work collaboratively as a partner with Schools/Units and University/University Advancement leaders to provide highly customized and strategic counsel to build relationships. Ensure that the department provides a high level of service to all relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor fundraising activity/progress for continuity and compliance with the Prospect Management Guidelines.
- Liaise with prospect research and prospect management team members to share information about managed prospects to build an understanding of fundraising metrics and to provide the information that supports the management of prospects through the development cycle.
- Hire, supervise, train, and manage program staff. Develop, implement and train staff on effectively utilizing data analytics for identifying prospects using standard industry resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, mathematics, data sciences, or equivalent field of study.
- At least seven - ten years of experience analyzing data in a complex fundraising or sales organization.
- Applicable revenue-generating experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer software necessary to perform job.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to interpret data and use it to drive business decisions.
- Knowledge of Salesforce development or administrator certifications.
- Knowledge of Advancement database/CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.
- Direct experience in project management.
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure to coordinate multiple requests/competing deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of analytical problem solving methodologies.
- Demonstrated advanced-level understanding of the analytics domain of the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (Apra).
- Completion of advanced-level coursework or the equivalent in mathematics, statistics, data sciences or operations and a basic theoretical and applied understanding of principals of applied statistics.
- Proficiency using at least one statistical software package and experience with forecasting and modeling.
- SQL, R, Python, SPSS or equivalent programming experience.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
To learn more about careers in University Advancement please visit http://alumni.wustl.edu/ContactUs/Career_Opportunities/.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Director of Data Analytics, Business Intelligence Unit - University Advancement - 48747
Job ID: 48747
Location: Alumni & Development Programs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time