SSM Health RN - Operations Project Consultant in St. Louis, Missouri
Act as an internal senior consultant that provides guidance and leadership to key operational goals for Cardinal Glennon. Employee will assist hospital leadership in achievement of operational goals by providing project management, research and quantitative information as necessary. Employee will lead and be the conduit between senior leadership and the physician staff for the US News and World Report Pediatric Hospital survey. In addition, employee will also assist the manager of telehealth services in the daily operations of the program as the service is implemented in hospitals/clinics across Missouri and Illinois. Employee will build and maintain relationships with clients including physicians and executive administration leadership.
- Imparts the philosophy, values, mission and vision of SSM Health and facilitates the integration of values and CQI activities.
- Leads and manages the US News & World Report pediatric hospital survey for Best Children's Hospital process. Duties include, but are not limited to: 1) Using Hospital Data Insights, an online database, to monitor and track hospital's performance, improvements, and to benchmark divisions against those of other pediatric programs. 2) Indicating and facilitating programmatic/operational improvements to/among division specialties/hospital, 3) Working with divisions, DSS Clinical/Clarity, EPIC, and others to improve methods for data gathering 4) Creating business cases and making recommendations for the use and prioritization of Signature Funds to senior leadership and the Cardinal Glennon Foundation 5) Working with all survey stakeholders in completing the survey 6) Assisting marketing/PR on materials/items/processes related to improving reputation score. This role will be instrumental to increasing the number of ranked programs.
- Assists with the daily operations of Cardinal Glennon's telehealth services. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with the identification of partnership opportunities, managing client relationships, assisting with telehealth implementation, and other day to day operations as assigned.
- Supports the achievement of key initiatives as outlined in the annual Operational Goals plan.
- Generates reports, prepares and designs spreadsheets and presentations as requested. Shares in departmental operational duties and collaborates willingly with other staff members to complete tasks outside normal job duties when requested.
- Understands the Mission and Values of SSM Health Care System and the Franciscan Sisters of Mary. Ability and desire to integrate CQI principles and tools into work processes. Knowledge of health care terminology and industry practices. Familiar with the basic tenets of health care strategic planning and market research. For analytic focused roles, understands how to analyze market share, use rates, and financial/operational modeling.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously and meet assigned deadlines. Ability to adapt schedule and priorities when required due to work flow demands. Self-directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision. Ability to prioritize multiple, competing needs. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present information clearly and accurately. Attentiveness to accuracy and detail with all work assignments. Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in the handling of confidential and sensitive material and information. Resourcefulness and creativity in identifying approaches and solutions to requests and assignments. Superior problem solving, solution generating and critical thinking skills to quickly and effectively resolve challenges. Demonstrated high degrees of business and operational acumen Strong customer focus with high degree of professionalism.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years related experience
- Must have spreadsheet, database and report design skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a timely fashion
- Must be familiar with and have working knowledge of SSMHC databases and software including but not limited to all MS Office Products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Individuals additionally must have working knowledge of Trendstar, Access, Business Objects, SAP and Thomson-Reuters Market Expert Modules.
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical Background
- Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related field of study.
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital –
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a not-for-profit, 190-bed inpatient and outpatient pediatric medical center in St. Louis, MO. We specialize in neonatology, cardiology, pediatric and fetal surgery, and cancer services. We care for children of all ages from St. Louis, Missouri, Illinois and from around the world. We also focus on the overall health of our communities in addition to the health of the children living in them.
Our love for kids just keeps on growing!
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18013918
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital (0010) 1465 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, 63104
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63104
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, Days
Normal work hours: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Job: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Organization: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Work Locations: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital (0010) 1465 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, 63104