Washington University of St. Louis Project Coordinator - Washington University Information Technology - 49586 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Washington University Information Technology. This position is for the Danforth Campus. There will be some activities that require trips to other University offices and offsite locations.
This position will provide project management and coordination for a variety of activities in a Program, Finance and HCM Workday Implementation project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) in support of medium to large sized projects that are large scope, impact, risk and complexity. Provide scheduling and reporting support to program-level.
The Project Coordinator position’s purpose is to coordinate and manage a variety of activities and resources in the MyDay Program Office including initiation, planning, executing, controlling and closing medium/large sized projects, and to assist Senior PMs on the program with project management activities. This position also supports application administration of the PPM system, monthly metrics production, and monthly status reporting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Senior PMs working on the MyDay Projects and coordinates events for the Program.
- Provides Project Coordinator services to Senior PMs to support project initiation, project execution, project closure and tracking issues, risks, action items and decisions.
- Schedules, coordinates planning for Project Manager and Business Analyst discovery, design, testing sessions.
- Assists with content management of Project Meetings.
- Provides project coordination for Senior PMs, including day-to-day user support, as well as regular reporting and data analysis.
- Administers and configures the client side parameters of the SaaS software (Innotas).
- Assures data integrity and reporting on late timesheet entries.
- Develops standard and ad hoc reports for project managers.
- Fulfills ad hoc requests/status from program leadership.
- Develops and runs reports for monthly metrics and executive scorecards.
- Helps maintain the Projects MS Teams site (document libraries, templates, etc.).
- Coordinates IT projects and ensures proper use of IT resources.
- Schedules and coordinates project tasks, ensures completion of assigned actions.
- Generates project status reports.
- Assists Senior PMs in establishing project timelines.
- Schedules meeting and project events.
- Documents project progress and milestones.
- Creates and maintains project documentation.
- Associate degree in a related field plus one year of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience.
- Experience in working with development, test, staging and production environments.
- Experience with Windows and Apple computers/operating systems.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Experience in a higher education multi-media/technology environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Visio.
- Team Skills: Ability to support teammates at all times and in any way necessary to maintain a productive, energetic, efficient and dynamic WashU IT team. Ability to communicate effectively and frequently both verbally and in writing with other members of the team. Ability to collaborate with other teammates to provide assistance, and expertise, as well as to receive expert input and assistance from others delivering the best solution and experience for the customer.
- Customer Service: Possess an aptitude for patience, professionalism, tactfulness and empathy. Enthusiastic and committed to helping others and exhibit the ability to quickly assess the specific needs of the customer to determine an appropriate course of action. Ability to quickly defuse stressful or anxious situations.
- Customer service orientation.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project coordination skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to apply experience and judgment to plan and accomplish basic goals.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills – formulas, functions, data analysis and validation, charts and graphs. Experience with pivot tables is highly desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio for documentation and Microsoft PowerPoint for occasional presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with IT technical experts and management.
- Knowledge of project management processes.
The hiring range for this position is $23.07 - $29.42 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Project Coordinator - Washington University Information Technology - 49586
Job ID: 49586
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time