Washington University of St. Louis Programmer II - Neurology - 47574 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Roe lab primarily examines associations between normal aging, preclinical and symptomatic Alzheimer disease (AD), and driving outcomes. This position as a programmer would support data acquisition, create computationally efficient preprocessing pipelines, develop next generation machine/deep learning-based algorithms, integrate public and private datasets, write clean, well-documented code, and design data quality control procedures for existing and new data sources.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build a large structure around the naturalistic driving data through database management (MS Access, SQL), creating language codes for programs, testing functionality and reviewing errors/troubleshoot issues.
- Curate, clean/debug, combine, and process large amounts of data from multiple sources (including public and private) and manage the resulting databases for the laboratory. Prepare datasets for sharing with lab collaborators.
- Independently conduct, computer programming, predictive modeling, mathematical calculations, and create workflow diagrams.
- Formulate, test, and validate multivariate analytics using machine learning, custom models and algorithms.
- Report results in written, graphical, and verbal form.
- If not already known, be willing to learn how to spatial software (e.g. ArcGIS) and Web Application programming interface (e.g. Google).
- Conduct literature searches related to study. Prepare and submit papers based on research work for journal publication or conference presentation.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree in computer science with two or more years’ experience in programming.
Working knowledge of varied hardware and software programs and demonstrated ability to create programs under various levels of pressures and time frames.
The hiring range for this position is $51,293 - $66,685 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Programmer II - Neurology - 47574
Job ID: 47574
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time