Washington University of St. Louis Programmer I - Psychiatry - 49180 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. The position is located at Taylor Avenue Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The NeuroGenetics and informatics (NGI) group (https://neurogenomics.wustl.edu/) at Washington University School of Medicine is looking for a Programmer to join our team.
We are seeking applicants for a Programmer position to create and maintain relational and non-relational databases for research projects, develop websites to share scientific data and analyses, and provide support for computing in cloud / cluster environments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate on the design of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Write and optimize SQL queries and reports.
- Migrate and consolidate data from other systems.
- Develop data acquisition processes from technical instruments.
- Develop, deploy and maintain Web applications (Using R shiny or Python Web frameworks Django, TurboGears or web2py).
- Creating Docker containers.
- Develop processing pipelines for cluster environments.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree in computer science with one year or less experience in programming.
- The candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science IT-related degree, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Statistical Genetics, Medical Statistics, Mathematics or similar.
- Master in Computer science, Data science, Bioinformatics, Statistical Genomics or a related discipline.
- In addition, the candidate should have experience coding SQL and NoSQL queries (preferably File Maker Pro) and should be familiar with Agile methodologies.
- Experience computing in cluster environments (Portable Batch System/ Load Sharing Facility), cloud computing (AWS), sysadmin experience (linux), and Familiarity with docker (Dockerfile authoring, detached execution).
The hiring range for this position is $47,985 - $61,193 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Programmer I - Psychiatry - 49180
Job ID: 49180
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time