Washington University of St. Louis Programmer I - Neurology - 47893 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. The position is located at East Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Perform innovative data analyses on neuroimaging and related data. Develop and implement computer algorithms for analyzing that data. Assume major responsibility for software and hardware development and implementation in a neuroimaging-focused neuroscience laboratory.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, and implement computer algorithms and software for analyzing functional and structural MRI data of the brain and maintain data analysis programs developed over time for those data for neuroimaging-related neuroscience research purposes.
- Develop and apply advanced statistical and analytical approaches to neuroimaging and related data using MATLAB tools and R routines for the purpose of analyzing neuroimaging data.
- Assume major/exclusive responsibilities for software development, testing and effective implementation for the purpose of processing and analyzing neuroimaging data.
- Evaluate and resolve software problems for both existing and developing analysis streams for the purpose of efficiently processing and analyzing neuroimaging data.
- Prepare program descriptions and documentation both for newly developed and existing analysis software for the purpose of processing and analyzing neuroimaging data.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree in computer science with one year or less experience in programming.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent.
- Experience in similar research labs or environments.
- Applicant must demonstrate critical thinking skills and have ability to work independently and maintain complete and organized records.
- Applicant must also have familiarity with standard computer programming languages (MATLAB, Python, C/C++, csh, bash), statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, R), and neuroimaging software packages (FSL, SPM, FreeSurfer, AFNI and 3D Slicer).
- Applicant must have willingness and ability to make programs useful for researchers with varying levels of computer skills.
- Applicant must have excellent communication skills and be adept at interacting with individuals from a wide range of research labs in Neurology, Psychology, Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Radiology and Neuroscience.
The hiring range for this position is $47,985 - $61,193 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Programmer I - Neurology - 47893
Job ID: 47893
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time