Washington University of St. Louis Programmer Analyst III - Biology - 49991 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Biology. This position is for the Danforth Campus in the School of Arts & Sciences.
The ISP Programmer Analyst III supports existing and software applications, application development, and partners with educators to advance STEM educational equity in the St. Louis region.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Systems and application development:
- Code, test, debug and implement software applications.
- Evaluate and implement vendor software.
- Organize data in a collaborative environment with non-programmers.
- Create work flow processes for software implementation and data management.
- Perform technical and backup helpdesk support for colleagues and educators.
- Perform maintenance and optimization activities on applications and databases.
- Website development and management:
- Collaborate and coordinate with consultants on web features.
- Develop programs to extend the functionality of websites.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding web-related issues, such as space allocation, user access, web site backup and disaster recovery planning.
- Oversee and manage computer science professional learning partnerships:
- Manage ISP efforts in CSforAll.
- Consult with school districts to create implementation plans for K-12 CS and technology programs aligned with state and national standards and policy.
- Facilitate technology and CS professional development and oversee and contribute to curriculum development in this area.
- Lead and participate in general ISP activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree plus three years of experience as programmer/analyst or an equivalent combination of education and experience to equal seven years.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience.
- Familiarity with CRM systems.
- Experience in application development.
- Prior experience in analyzing and resolving problems related to data, software and web applications.
- Tracking and optimizing system performance, security and storage utilization.
- Experience in education, human services, nonprofit, and/or customer service.
- Technical, logical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to stick to strict deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to solve problems with code.
- Capable of self-directed learning on the job.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to direct and oversee the work of others.
- Committed to understanding new technology and upgrading skills.
The hiring range for this position is $52,943 - $68,816 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Programmer Analyst III - Biology - 49991
Job ID: 49991
Location: School of Arts & Sciences
Full/Part Time: Full-Time