Bi-State Development Procurement Support Specialist in St. Louis, Missouri
Provide assistance to Manager Procurement Support. Maintain Procurement Card programs including weekly downloads for Oracle processing. Reviewing of transactions for adherence to Policy and Procedures. Administrate user training and maintenance with Oracle Procurement Cards. Work with the bank providing Procurement card service. Serve as a help desk resource for Procurement Card users in need of assistance in Oracle and/or questions concerning the Policy and Procedure. Maintain Travel Card issuance and changes. Instruct designated users on Metro's preferred travel arranger. Assist the CCOs by preparing management reports as required.
- Responsible for the administration and tracking of the Procurement Cards.
- Responsible for the administration of travel cards.
- Works with the Manager of Procurement Services to ensure implementation and utilization of the Oracle purchasing module
- Maintains and develops data collection, analysis, and reporting to facilitate management review and control of procurement operations.
- Assist and participate in internal and external audits.
- Administration of Help Desk functions.
- Telephone, office, and online etiquette
- Vendor practices regarding pricing, material management, shipping, warranties, and invoicing
- Elements of cost accounting principles and practices
- Principles and practices of professional procurement with particular emphasis on automated procurement, procurement card program administration, and information systems
- Elements of material management systems
- Computer software (i.e., word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphic)
*Skills and Abilities to: *
- Analyze contract documents
- Work accurately in business/purchasing/contractual transactions
- Organize and track and analyze multiple types of data
- Learn the supplier portal to assist Manager of Procurement Support
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Establish effective working relationships with management, employees, employee representatives and the public representing diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Treat Agency employees, representatives of outside organizations and members of the public with courtesy and respect
- Assess the customer’s immediate needs and ensure customer’s receipt of needed services through personal service or making appropriate referral
- Exercise appropriate judgment in answering questions and releasing information; analyze and project consequences of decisions and/or recommendations Required Experience
Associates Degree in procurement or related field with required experience
Bachelor’s Degree in field or related field with no experience
3-5 years of professional Procurement Administration Support, Accounting or Finance.
Tracking Code: 292864-713
Job Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular