Monsanto New Grad: Software Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
The Climate Corporation is looking for talented and motivated recent university graduate to join our dynamic software engineering team. Our software helps farmers around the world protect and improve their farming operations with uniquely powerful software and hardware products. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, testing and deploying new products and services in a fast-paced, iterative development environment.
What You Will Do:
- Back-end Platform Services - Large-scale distributed services for applications and data management. We use a mix of Java, Ruby on Rails, Python and Clojure code. You will work primarily on the back-end services that power our web and mobile applications. These cloud based services are built on AWS infrastructure and are designed for 7x24 operation, with manageability, availability, reliability and scalability in mind.
- Mobile - Phone and Tablet application development for both the iOS and Android platforms. The applications complement our Web Applications by providing unique mobile device specific capabilities and core functionality to improve farming and insurance operations.
Recent graduate with Bachelors degree in computer science or related technical field
- Strong working knowledge at least one programming language
- Knowledge of software engineering or server-side Internet technologies
- Less than 2 years of industry experience excluding internships
Internship or project experience programming in Java, Python, or equivalent OOP language
- Initiative to figure out how things work and to push the limits of your own knowledge
- Write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code
- Able to collaborate with other engineers on design and development of challenging projects
- Great debugging and reasoning skills
- Demonstrated passion for quality
- What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
- Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https: youtu.be c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https: climate.com careers
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please access our disability accommodations process for further assistance.
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: EEOC Poster; EEOC Supplement.