Monsanto Intern: Data Scientist - Imaging Science in St. Louis, Missouri
We are seeking a motivated Data Science Intern. The intern will join our thriving data science community to play a role in shaping the future of digital agriculture at The Climate Corporation. Work with cutting-edge analytics tools to solve challenging problems intersecting a wide variety of domains such as agronomy, plant breeding, operations research and field trials. Engage with business stakeholders to design innovative solutions through application of statistical analyses, data visualization, machine learning based predictive modeling, and graphical analyses.
What You Will Do:
- Partner closely with interdisciplinary scientists including engineers, data scientists, researchers, field seed operations, and IT to implement new solutions for characterizing and predicting valuable agronomic events and communicate them across a broad audience
- Work with large data sets collected from diverse environments to drive product concept recommendations
- Analyze data to identify image-based trends that drive new strategic decisions
- Leverage creative talents and passion for data-driven insights to design innovative approaches to enable our research to tell a story
Current enrollment as a Ph.D. or Masters student in a quantitative field (e.g. computational biology, chemistry, physics, statistics or computer science)
- Strong skills in machine and or deep learning algorithms, data cleaning, feature extraction and generation
- Demonstrated computational skills and experience with Python.
- Experience executing and presenting independent research
Previous experience in computer vision and or image analytics
- Familiarity with git for version control, reproducible analyses, and code packaging
- Experience with using complex, large-scale data in predictive analytics applications
- Knowledge or experience in agronomy, agriculture, or farming practices
- Aptitude for thoughtful experimental design and execution
- Strong communication skills
- What We Offer:
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We offer competitive pay and perks.
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll have the amazing opportunity to participate in one of our Biotechnology Tours where you get out of the office and into the field (literally) with agents and farmers.
- You’ll work in an award-winning office with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various events, activities, and off-sites - we make sure interns are having fun!
- We regularly host meet-up groups and tech-talks and encourage participation in relevant workshops and conferences
- You’ll have the opportunity to interact with key executives and leaders.
- Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https: youtu.be c5TgbpE9UBI
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please access our disability accommodations process for further assistance.
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: EEOC Poster; EEOC Supplement.