IBM Information Systems Security Officer in St Louis, Missouri
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work location: Radford, VA (candidates must be local/willing to relocate)
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
This position is for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO-Senior) supporting the client data center and its mission of providing top of the line I.T. Services and Support to mission critical DoD systems and applications.
As an ISSO you will:
• Serve as overall subject matter expert on Cybersecurity Policy Administration.
• Work between technical and policy teams to implement, maintain, and monitor technical security configuration controls, including: STIGs, SRGs, and other industry security hardening guidance.
• Work between technical and policy teams to successfully implement and manage requirements for maintaining hosted customers Cybersecurity Posture, ATO, and security control inheritance capabilities.
• Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
• Act as the ISSO for hosted systems, assuming the responsibilities as outlined in AR 25-2.
• Assist hosted customers in obtaining and maintaining RMF for DOD IT and other certifications as required.
• Update and/or assist the hosted system's personnel in updating artifacts of the accreditation package and store the artifacts in organizationally defined repository; i.e., system diagram (logical and physical) Hardware/Software/Firmware Inventory, Interface & Ports, Protocols and Services listing, etc.
• Assist in the preparation of network infrastructure specifications or designs incorporating required information security features.
• Review and evaluate Information Systems Design Plans, Continuity of Operation Plans, Communication Plans, engineering change proposals and configuration changes for compliance with relevant security regulations, policies, and best industry practice.
This work location for this role is at the client site in Radford, VA. Candidates must be clearable to DoD Secret clearance. An interim DOD Secret clearance or higher level clearance is required to begin work on Day 1.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• A total of at least 6 years of experience in CyberSecurity (aka, Information Assurance)
• Mid to senior level Cybersecurity Policy Administrator experience in a DoD environment
• DoD 8570.1M IAM level II certification is required. Candidate has 6 months to acquire after hire per DoD 8570.01M
• Must work to acquire both Baseline and Computing Environment certification as defined in DoD Instruction 8570.01M.
• The Computing Environment certification can include any of a vast array of courses i.e CompTIA Server+, Microsoft, RedHat, or Solaris professional certifications or training as defined in DoDi 8570.01M
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
• Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
• Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
• Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.