Washington University of St. Louis Genetics in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Genetics. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides computer support by developing, implementing, documenting and running computer systems and programs. Responsible for aspects of planning and directing systems development and enhancement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works to understand client business functions and requirements, develops alternate solutions to meet those requirements and may, when necessary, manage a small project team to implement solutions.
- Independently maintains and enhances complex programs by performing full range of programming, testing and debugging.
- Provides leadership and training for lower level programmer and analysts.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding and corrections. May write instructions for users to describe installations and operating procedures.
- Periodically reviews status of assigned tasks and provides supervisor with status report.
- Develops and maintains third and fourth generation software code for development projects.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree in computer programming with 3 to 5 years of experience as a programmer analyst.
Understanding of on-line environments, mainframe or UNIX systems and data communication principles.
The hiring range for this position is $63,586 - $82,701 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Programmer Analyst II - Genetics - 41577
Job ID: 41577
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time