St. Louis Community College Foundation Office Data Analyst in St. Louis, Missouri
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY :
Performs duties necessary to manage the daily operation of the Advancement module (Banner Advancement), which tracks contributions, alumni, donor, and prospect information. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of the Foundation’s information systems, including data input and output, technology management, and end-user training and support. Provides support to Foundation staff by assisting with the creation of reports, ensuring that advancement staff is trained in the proper use of the data, developing and implementing policies to guide data entry, and making sure that the system effectively captures alumni and donor information and generates accurate financial and analytical reports. The data analyst will ensure that all gifts from donors are accurately processed, tracked, acknowledged and reconciled with the finance function. Serves as the first point of contact for Foundation staff with questions about or problems with the use of the system and serves as the liaison to vendors and the IT department in maintaining the system and troubleshooting problems.
PRIMARY DUTIES PERFORMED :
• Manage and enter data for all gift records and alumni dues, ensuring the processing, tracking, reporting and acknowledgement of private gifts and alumni memberships are performed in accurate and timely fashion. Ensure that the data derived from these activities is maintained in accurate and up-to-date status, and can easily be accessed.
• Serve as the software system manager, applying all Banner Advancement updates and responsible for cleanup of current system.
• Maintain current knowledge of Banner programs. Utilize advanced computer analysis skills, including the use of software to create documents, spreadsheets, timelines, and reports.
• Provide training and technical support for the Banner Advancement alumni/donor database. Including developing written training materials.
• Interpret and apply IRS tax laws and regulations regarding gift administration.
• Manage the generation of financial, analytical, and demographic reports, as well as mailing lists, invitation lists, recognition lists, and other data extractions as requested.
• Builds and maintains positive working relationships with team members, internal customers, and external vendors.
• Help recommend data collection best practices to all staff who come in contact with potential data for the organization.
• Maintain online presence through website maintenance and management of online giving portal, CASHNet.
• Design functional specs for custom queries for data extraction.
• Establish and maintain a structure within the system to effectively identify specific segments of data for various analysis and targeted marketing efforts.
• Develop and apply procedures to safeguard data security ensure compliance.
• Assist with research and ongoing process improvement of organization’s data management policies and practices.
• Research data to identify prospective donors for the Foundation.
• Analyzes trends in giving and college priorities in order to recommend appropriate donor relations activities for all constituencies. Oversees implementation and tracking of the Foundation’s overall fund stewardship plan across all foundation departments and outreach platforms.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years’ work experience within the nonprofit organization or higher education environment.
Experience managing development and/or alumni databases (preferably using Banner).
Proficiency in prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports, developing reports (preferably using Cognos Reports).
Experience with online donor giving tools.
Marketing, communications, and social media experience preferred.
Ability to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities, with competing deadlines, to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
Ability to understand development and alumni staffs’ needs so as to accurately translate their requests into effective queries and reports. Skill in making presentations and training individuals in software applications is highly desirable.
Must possess excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
Office software packages, including MS Excel and Access.
Knowledge of applicable tax laws, the fund-raising process, and the concept of donor relations as well as some bookkeeping.
Strong customer service orientation.
High aptitude for relational databases and data management.
Open Until Filled: No
Quick Link: 9442
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants the position will be based at the STLCC – Corporate College 3221 McKelvey Road Bridgeton, MO 63044
Salary: Commenserate with experience
Employee Group: Professional