Schneider Electric Field Service Representative - Power Distribution in St. Louis, Missouri
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk
Our legacy brands you may be familiar with include Square D, ASCO Power Technologies and APC.
What do you get to do in this position?
As part of the services team you will be accountable for installing, inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing customer equipment.
You will be supporting our customers and sales personnel on the operation and maintenance of equipment and perform installs, service and repairs to customer equipment. You will perform warranty work and start-up service as well as testing, calibration, checking, correcting, adjusting and part component replacement services on customer products.
As a part of our team you will construct and test circuits, utilizing various equipment such as computers, workstations, circuit diagrams and test instruments/equipment. Provides technical support in product service and training.
- You will lead or contribute to Field Services small projects coordination and execution on customer site (end of life, modernization, upgrade, etc.).
- As a Field Service Representative you will interpret blueprints and other service documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Perform Startup/Commissioning on equipment across the Schneider Electric product portfolio.
- Perform preventive, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on equipment. Track Installed Base (serviceable assets).
- Advise customers on best practice, new services and upgrade opportunities.
- You will support serviceable Schneider power distribution equipment.
- Perform basic audits of customer’s electrical systems and equipment.
- Document all required information for each site (technical reporting).
- Provide daily and accurate time and expense records for each customer intervention.
Perform other duties as assigned
This job might be for you if:
- You have a two year technical degree or equivalent experience in electrical and/or power distribution service.
- You have experience testing, maintenance and/or upgrade experience in some or all of the following areas: low or medium switchgear, transformers, relay protection systems and controls systems.
- You can follow safety policies, practices and procedures.
- You have the ability to create procedure manuals and reports.
- You are able to communicate effectively while presenting technical information to internal and external customers.
- You possess the aptitude to apply various concepts of algebra and geometry in your day to day activities.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc..
- You can stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time and be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to adhere to the strict guidelines of approved Methods of Procedures (MOPs). Experience in developing MOP's is a plus.
- You have clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a real passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
An online application is needed to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: US-Missouri-St. Louis
Unposting Date: Nov 23, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: 004V8N