Monsanto Engineering Director, Security in St. Louis, Missouri
*Position Overview: *The Climate Corporation seeks a high-performing, deeply technical Engineering Director, Security to own and enable Climate’s security engineering teams. The successful candidate will use their background in security, software architecture, design, development, testing and communication skills to help us deliver our groundbreaking Digital Agriculture platform in a fast growing industry.
What Will You Do:
In this position, you will be primarily responsible for managing and enhancing security solutions for Application Security, Embedded Hardware IoT, and Infrastructure Security. You will drive the integration of security controls into Climate’s applications and cloud services platform by applying your security and software engineering knowledge and using a variety of software and product security assessment techniques.
- Hire and grow teams to deliver expanding scope of security programs at Climate
- Lead the Security Engineering, Application Security Testing, and Embedded Hardware Security teams to mature Climate’s security posture
- Automate security controls to reduce our attack surface, proactively seek out vulnerabilities, and decrease response and recovery times
- Optimize security tool deployments and introduce scalable processes across IT and Security Engineering capabilities
- Contribute and collaborate with other Information Security team members across the broad spectrum of information security programs, such as Threat & Vulnerability Management, Security Incident Response, Governance and Compliance
- Oversee and guide the completion of security control deployments run by the Security Engineering team
- Act as a member of the Information Security management team to shape the direction of the program and prioritize work activities of the Security Engineering teams
- Work closely with Security, IT, Product, and Engineering leadership to scope, execute, and complete programs related to private cloud and on-prem infrastructure, application security testing, and embedded hardware security
- Enhance the security of platforms that support our customer-facing applications and APIs
6+ years of experience evaluating, developing, and implementing security technologies and methods for web applications
- 7+ years of engineering leadership experience and demonstrated ability to grow and lead a team of engineers
- Experience managing projects with complex dependencies, many stakeholders, and variable timelines
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related scientific field
Deep understanding of security technologies and methods as they apply in an enterprise environment
- Deep understanding of security fundamentals, including operating systems, networks, identity management, and countermeasures
- Hands-on experience building and securing automated recommendation-driven systems
- Hands-on experience with knowledge of at least one compiled JVM language (e.g. Java, Clojure, Scala)
- Development and devops experience with Amazon Web Services
- *What We Offer: *Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
- Learn more about our team and our mission: The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference https: youtu.be c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https: climate.com careers
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please access our disability accommodations process for further assistance.
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: EEOC Poster; EEOC Supplement.