SSM Health EHR Application Specialist - Pharmacist in St. Louis, Missouri
The Application Specialist is responsible for implementing, optimizing, maintaining and supporting specific areas of the electronic health record (EHR). Under general direction of leadership, they are responsible for building and testing the EHR through multiple phases of project implementations and creating build documentation. Participates in version upgrades, customer communications and training curricula development. Additionally this position will coordinate and lead meetings related to functionality implementation.
- Learn the EHR at a detailed level in order to competently build the system and support end users, which includes achieving required certifications within the first six months and maintaining certification in applications in which certified. Works with end users and clinical network groups to encourage maximum usage of applications. Positive change management and communication with end users to ensure their acceptance of the application.
- Identifies and tracks/documents reported problems. Analyze issues that may arise, develop options, implement solutions and escalate to leadership as needed. Identifies areas of common practice and implements opportunities for standardization.
- Collaborate with peers and operational partners to identify ways in which applications can support workflows and configure/build accordingly. Follow documentation standards for build.
- Coordinates application enhancements by identifying needs, analyzing benefits, identifying process changes and impact of enhancements within the parameters of governance standards.
- Participates in developing and maintaining test scripts and plans. Independently performs unit and integrated testing.
- Ensure that data interfacing into applications meets business needs; both for ongoing interfaces and one-time data conversions.
- Analyze end user jobs in order to make recommendations regarding application security.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or PharmD degree in pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy)
- State licensure as a Pharmacist and EHR Certification within 6 months of hire.
- At least 3 years of experience as a pharmacist.
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18013170
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies
SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies (0009) 7980 Clayton Road St. Louis, 63117
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63117
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, Days
Normal work hours: Information Technology
Job: SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies
Organization: SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies
Work Locations: SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies (0009) 7980 Clayton Road St. Louis, 63117