Express Scripts Director, Change and Release IT in St. Louis, Missouri
The Technology Director has proven ability to manage small teams with specific responsibilities as well as exercise influence over broader groups of individual contributors and people leaders. Their primary responsibilities include establishing the vision, strategies, and culture necessary to achieve expected deliverables across their function and effectively empowering the team to achieve business goals. This person will collaborate with other leaders and stakeholders to transform strategies into prioritized initiatives for their teams and is able to respond to urgent issues in their specific function without losing focus on longer-term goals. As a leader, this person is able to balance a wide-range of priorities and manage relationships with other departments, all while considering short-term and long-term implications of each decision. The Director may lead internal cross-department initiatives and may participate on cross-functional initiatives for Express Scripts. This person focuses much of their time on employee development and coaching of direct and indirect reports by building on the direct reports’ strengths and addressing their areas of improvement.
This position is for the Director of Release and Change Operations. Constituent product responsibilities include Change Coordination, Release Management, and Deployment Engineering. This position has broad and deep influence on the direction of Technology Operations and the speed at which we are able to deliver revenue-generating capabilities to market. The Director of this team inspires leaders of people and top-level technical resources to envision our future capabilities develop strategy to progress toward our vision, and collaborate with Technical Product Owner and Delivery organizations to develop and maintain portfolio/program level backlogs that advance our roadmap.
Dev/Ops culture and agile workstyles are key to our success as Technology evolves to meet the ever-changing demands of healthcare. The Director will enable Software Engineering and Technology Infrastructure and Operations to move with rapid and unified tempo in delivering quality product to market quickly and safely. The Director will contribute to the future design of automated release capabilities for application software and core infrastructure technologies, automated impact analysis, and pipeline instrumentation and monitoring while ensuring the success of ongoing classical release and change operations in the interim.
- Evaluates business demand for the products and services within their domain and collaborates with Technical Product Owners and Delivery Partners to agree on prioritization and timing of major initiatives. Ensures overall effectiveness, quality, and health of their products. Works across multiple Technology and Operations teams ensure overall effectiveness and satisfaction with results.
- Directs a team of leaders and/or high-level staff in one or more sites. Works to d
- evelop employee skills, evaluates performance, provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relations issues.
- Maintain quality and service standards for their function. Leads resolution of urgent and on-going problems to ensure their team’s contribution to overall reliability.
- Leads the development and implementation of strategic business work plan goals. Tracks and periodically reports progress to leadership. Assists or leads with budget planning and management for their department.
- Works with Technology Management team to analyze operations and efficiency of the group and recommend process improvements.
- Represents Technology and Operations in cross-functional meetings and projects. Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field.
- 10-14 relevant years of working experience including people management, preferably 1-2 years at ESI or in the PBM industry.
- PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Must have proven leadership skills, team-orientation, and a proactive and optimistic management style with the ability to lead high-talent teams in local and remote locations; ability to motivate employees, handle difficult employee relations issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale.
- Thorough knowledge of Technology concepts, procedures and practices, advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and meet initiative deadlines, and make/break commitments effectively;
- Demonstrated ability to manage toward budget and work plan goals and experience with strategic work planning and budgeting
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentations and negotiations.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and travel occasionally.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Technology- Infrastructure and Engineering
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes? Be a part of our team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, this talent is relied on to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 83 million Americans, explore our opportunities.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.