Washington University of St. Louis Digital Content Specialist - Arts & Sciences - 49573 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is for the Danforth Campus in the School of Arts & Sciences.
The Digital Content Specialist will be a key member of the A&S Communications team and will also work closely with the A&S Computing team. The specialist will possess great enthusiasm for making web content come alive, helping Arts & Sciences highlight its work creatively, engagingly, and effectively. Ensuring an outstanding user experience for our digital audience is a key component of this position. The specialist will help keep the web presence of Arts & Sciences up to date and well organized, and will ensure that web content is visually appealing, accessible, and in line with school and university brand standards. The specialist will cultivate collaborative and productive relationships with website contacts in all A&S departments and will lead training initiatives related to content strategy and user experience. The successful candidate will be a strong team player, have an exceptionally keen eye for detail, and will be enthusiastic about keeping their own skills sharp through training and professional development. The specialist’s work will play a key role in enhancing the reputation and brand of Arts & Sciences in the digital sphere.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Department/Unit Website Support:
- Provide advice and direct support for administrative staff who manage A&S unit websites, assisting them with content strategy and website functionality.
- Provide oversight and direct support for school-wide content sharing to ensure that shared content is used appropriately, effectively, and widely across A&S websites.
- Regularly audit unit sites for issues affecting content presentation, user experience, and branding/visual consistency (e.g., faculty photos, department home page layout, virtual bookshelf content).
- Plan and execute regular website training opportunities for unit staff, helping them gain and maintain critical skills.
- Assist unit staff in planning and executing virtual events.
- Content Strategy:
- Place and maintain engaging content on the main Arts & Sciences website, including event and profile pages, administrative and academic content, and compelling images and graphics.
- Monitor website analytics and draw insights that inform content strategy.
- Monitor site for issues that affect user experience and accessibility.
- Critical Information Updates for A&S Websites:
- Support school leadership in conveying critical information to A&S community through websites (e.g., priority updates from the Dean).
- Maintain accuracy and timeliness of web content relating to operations and crisis management via, e.g., the Inside ArtSci website.
- Ensure essential administrative and academic information is up to date and comprehensive (e.g., academic and administrative deadlines, recognition ceremony logistics, and student/staff announcements).
- Perform other duties as assigned. Such duties will include high-quality and engaging copy for websites (e.g. titles, captions, content summaries), identifying engaging photos and graphics for websites, addressing various user experience issues, and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years of experience in website management and digital content creation.
- Five years of experience in website management and content strategy and creation.
- Advanced training in content strategy, website analytics, accessibility, and/or user experience.
- Experience with and enthusiasm for higher education or non-profit work.
The hiring range for this position is $44,987 - $57,369 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Digital Content Specialist - Arts & Sciences - 49573
Job ID: 49573
Location: School of Arts & Sciences
Full/Part Time: Full-Time