Federal Reserve Bank Data Engineer Consultant/Lead in St. Louis, Missouri
The St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas with branches in Little Rock, Louisville and Memphis. The St. Louis Fed’s most critical functions include: promoting stable prices and economic growth, fostering a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit.
Treasury Technology Services (TTS) is the embedded information technology organization for the Treasury Division at FRB St. Louis. TTS develops and supports applications ranging from off-the-shelf cash management packages to enterprise-level custom accounting systems. TTS is made up of two organizations: Engineering and Shared Services. The Engineering team consists of several application development teams, each of which are dedicated to specific Treasury business lines. The Shared Services team consists of the Project Management Office, the Architecture Office, the Data Management team, and the Dev Ops teams.
TTS is seeking aData Engineer Consultant/Leadto develop effective and efficient database release deliverables into all development, test and production environments. The Data Engineer Consultant/Lead will assure the database release, along with its associated software, satisfies the business requirements of our customer for systems that are critical to the infrastructure of the Department of the Treasury. The Data Engineer Consultant/Lead also will design well coded database objects such as stored procedures, Oracle packages, functions, and views, as well as database PL/SQL scripts used for data migration, fixes, transformations and test data generation; and, prepares, tests and maintains database release code throughout the project’s Software Development Life Cycle.
* Develop, enhance and troubleshoot complex data engineering and data integration platforms developed in oracle, Informatica, and scripting languages (i.e., shell and python); and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
* Support software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
* Develop software in distributed system/Cloud environment using BIG data technologies. (e.g., Hadoop, RDS, Oracle, Cassandra, NoSQL etc.).
* Perform other team contribution duties as required such as, but not limited to, peer code reviews, database defect support, as well as provides backup production support as needed.
* Work closely with DevOps to package releases and ensure the process follows change management.
* Implement large-scale projects in both waterfall and agile.
* Incubate and influence innovative technologies to solve complex database and data processing issues to revolutionize the enterprise data management and add value to business; including, hands-on experience in key technologies, methodologies and run POC’s independently. * Manage expectations of software delivery with stake holders, resource planning, and effort estimation and drive the data projects for technically sound solutions. * Develop effective internal and external networking and relationships.
Qualifications * Bachelor’s degree with a major or specialized courses in Information Technology or commensurate experience * 10 years’ related experience * Experience in designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions * Experience in implementing MDM, data lake * Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc. * Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases * Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift etc., * Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc. * Knowledge of tools like GitHub, Ancible and bamboo * Must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. * Must be resourceful and creative in identifying ways to mitigate issues and risks to avoid project delays. * Extremely effective written and verbal communication skills. * Candidates with less experience may be considered at a lower job grade and/or salary * Travel (5%) * Position requires US Citizen or lawful permanent resident with three or more years of US residency Ranked as a Top Workplace, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, as well as cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems, and promotes an environment where innovation and excellence thrive. Learn moreaboutthe Bank and its culture; check out ourCareers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Title: Data Engineer Consultant/Lead
Location: MO-St. Louis
Requisition ID: 258347