IBM Client Solutions Windows Architect in St Louis, Missouri
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work location: Radford, VA (candidates must be local/willing to relocate)
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
This position is for a Client Solutions Windows Architect supporting our client’s engineering team. Our client is a managed service provider for DoD IT systems and runs multiple private clouds as well as Microsoft Azure Gov and DoD region public clouds.
• Participate and lead technical requirements gathering sessions with customers interested in migrating their IT system
• Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
• Based on the customer's technical requirements, develop an architecture for the customer's IT system.
• Create all the required architecture documentation and diagrams and create a Technical Data Package for the customer's IT system.
• Assist with identifying and planning potential new managed services, features, and capabilities.
• Serve as overall subject matter expert on Windows technology and market capabilities/trends.
• Troubleshoot and resolve operating system, application, and networking issues in a complex and highly secured environment.
• Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
• Contributing to the ongoing automation efforts.
• Managing multiple customer application migration simultaneously
This work location for this role is at the client site in Radford, VA. Candidates must be clearable to DoD Secret clearance. An interim DOD Secret clearance or higher level clearance is required to begin work on Day 1.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
A total of at least 3-5 years of experience as a Windows Administrator
Experience developing Windows architecture solutions based on customer requirements
Knowledge of private/hybrid/commercial cloud environments
CompTIA Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. MCSA, etc.)
Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (PowerShell, DSC, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.