Washington University of St. Louis Business & Technology Applications Analyst II (Programmer Analyst) - Radiology - 49496 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
XNAT (https://www.xnat.org) is an open source imaging informatics platform developed by the Neuroinformatics Research Group at Washington University. We are seeking a capable and motivated individual to join the core development team to both extend the software platform and provide maintenance for the existing code base. This position will allow the person to contribute to the XNAT web-based user interface and RESTful backend services under the guidance of the existing senior developers in the core team. The successful person will have a number of challenging technical design and implementation problems as we continue to add features, improve performance and harden the platform to work in a federated environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze/document user workflow in the XNAT environment.
- Work with existing XNAT staff and users to understand user needs. Propose/discuss/document XNAT changes needed to support user requirements.
- Perform full application development lifecycle, including:
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients.
- Develop detailed specification documents with clear deliverables and timelines.
- Define database requirements, functionality and utilization.
- Design and develop application database structure, tables, entity relationships and security privileges.
- Work with clients and designers to build and refine graphic designs for websites and applications.
- Design and implement backend RESTful API to support user interactions.
- Test applications to ensure displays meet ease of use and flexibility standards and to ensure web sites execute properly for multiple browsers, engaging users as necessary.
- Develop, review and integrate new forms and pages, graphics and other elements, including HTML code and scripts for website applications.
- Ensure designs make efficient use of network and database resources.
- Create online help functions, including application documentation.
- Coordinate work with other team members for application development and administration, network administration and database administration to ensure that architecture, functionality and design are consistent with all information technology strategies.
- Manage code in XNAT repositories using git version control.
- Introduce relevant new technology to the XNAT team:
- Research and evaluate new technology, products, specialized hardware and tools to optimize development and functionality of applications.
- Make recommendations to management and customers.
- Provide support:
- Monitor XNAT discussion group with the rest of the XNAT team and respond as appropriate.
- Answer questions/repair defects reported by other team members, collaborators or other internal users.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Certification or degree in computer programming from a technical school or college plus two years of relevant work experience. Additional relevant programming experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for required education.
- Bachelor’s in a technical discipline and seven years of relevant technology experience.
- Prior experience in a higher education technology environment.
- Willing to take ownership of a project and see it through to completion.
- Good communication skills:
- To engage and collaborate with scientists, end users, and other research and technical staff in achieving project goals. You will be able to clearly describe proposed solutions and approaches in writing and orally during team or customer meetings.
- Ability to write quality documentation.
- Attention to detail and the ability to write code and test cases to verify the operation of the code.
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix environments.
- Experience in developing RESTful back end APIs, especially in a Spring environment.
- Ability to learn and apply new software technology.
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python).
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with Docker Containers.
- Development experience using an environment similar to that used by the XNAT team. Your experience may be different, but the skills should readily transfer:
- IntelliJ IDEA.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Business & Technology Applications Analyst II (Programmer Analyst) - Radiology - 49496
Job ID: 49496
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time