Washington University of St. Louis Business and Technology Applications Analyst II - Emergency Medicine - 50673 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Emergency Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position provides technical and analytical work in developing, designing, and/or supporting applications for the business, research, and/or instructional functions of clients. The employee participates in the development of solutions using programming expertise for day-to-day problems to include maintenance, modification, or development of complex inter-related applications/solutions. Solutions link technical knowledge with business, research, and/or instructional solutions and may range from consulting services (software or hardware recommendations) to developing integrated-automated systems. Duties include client-needs assessment as well as evaluating hardware availability and software requirements. Additionally, the employee may be involved in administration of the databases(s) that support the application code. The employee will either be involved in code, database administration, or a combination of both depending upon the size and complexity of the application portfolio of the entity being supported. The individual should be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops projects of moderate size and complexity.
- Determines appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and makes relevant recommendations to clients.
- Develops detailed specification documents with clear deliverables and timelines.
- Defines database requirements, functionality, and utilization.
- Designs and develops application database structure, tables, entity relationships, and security privileges.
- Works with clients and designers to build and refine graphic designs for websites and applications.
- Tests applications to ensure displays meet ease of use and flexibility standards and to ensure websites execute properly for multiple browsers, engaging users as necessary.
- Develops, reviews, and integrates new forms and pages, graphics, and other elements, including HTML code and scripts for website applications.
- Ensures designs make efficient use of network and database resources.
- Creates online help functions, including application documentation.
- Coordinates work with other team members for application development and administration, network administration, and database administration to ensure that architecture, functionality, and design are consistent with all information technology strategies.
- Researches and evaluates new technology, products, specialized hardware and tools to optimize development and functionality of websites and applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certification or degree in computer programming from a technical school or college plus two years of relevant work experience.
- Additional relevant programming experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for required education.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to organize and follow complex and/or detailed technical procedures. Ability to work independently and performs job with minimal supervision.
- Project Management: Ability to manage one module of a larger project or responsible for projects of limited complexity.
- Technical Knowledge: Competent to work on most phases of application systems analysis and programming without guidance.
Technical Solution Development: Ability to devise or modify applications to solve moderately complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations; knowledge of system development and/or maintenance technologies to support and maintain the infrastructure on which assigned applications reside.
Technical Support: Knowledge of technical features to suggest modifications to prevent future problems.
- Consultancy Skills: Ability to consult with clients and higher-level technicians and analysts to resolve technical problems and ensure client satisfaction; ability to interact with client to discuss alternative technical solutions.
The hiring range for this position is $64,854 - $84,364 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Standard computer department working environment with standing, walking and lifting less than 50 pounds required.
- Moderate amount of work is performed at the customer site.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Business and Technology Applications Analyst II - Emergency Medicine - 50673
Job ID: 50673
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time