Washington University of St. Louis Business Analyst IV - University Advancement System Replacement Project - 47605 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the University Advancement System Replacement Project. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The University Advancement systems replacement project is a multi-year program designed to improve Wash U’s operational excellence and ability to make insight driven decisions focused on alumni and development activity. This includes replacement of the Alumni and Development Information System (ADIS), which is the system of record for Washington University alumni and donors, and stores biographical, relationship, transactional, research and activity data for constituents. Critical system functionality supports fundraising and engagement efforts. This position will primarily focus on key integration projects (MyDay, Mulesoft, document imaging, data warehouse, production/operations), and other ADIS projects.
Through strong knowledge of the organization’s technology infrastructure and specific software applications, helps the business address changes through technology. Performs all tasks to achieve an understanding of business change needs, assessing the impact of those changes, capturing, analyzing, documenting and managing requirements, and then supporting the communication and delivery of those requirements with relevant parties. Works on business analysis projects with very large scope and impactand smaller supporting project for project management work.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPNSIBILITIES:
- Prepares business cases working with university partners.
- Collaborates with Project Manager to plan approach to requirements elicitation and methods for requirements management and communication.
- Ensures business opportunities and objectives are clearly articulated.
- Performs current state analysis and/or root cause analysis as required.
- Plans modeling techniques to be used in requirements analysis (scope, process, rule, data, interface models, etc.).
- Works with Project Manager to plan validation of requirements in managing project scope, user acceptance, installation and deployment; helps determine metrics.
- Performs feasibility analysis as required for projects.
- Coordinates planning activities to meet objectives and timelines of overall program or project; works with Project Manager to forecast required time and resources.
Analysis, Design, Execution
- Implements strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements.
- Performs requirements elicitation using techniques per plan.
- Documents requirements, establishes scope and objectives and determines strategy for evaluating requirements implementation in systems to achieve business goals.
- Organizes requirements by release and other needed categories and sets up traceability matrix; articulates requirements relationships and dependencies.
- Translates and simplifies requirements for appropriate use; performs gap analysis; performs requirements analysis working with technical team.
- Prioritizes requirements working with university partners and creates conceptual prototypes and mock-ups.
- Uses business process modeling, traceability and quality management techniques per methodology.
- Performs requirements management and communication; apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving.
- Collaborates with project management to obtain requirements approvals per project plan; facilitates go/no go decisions.
- Validates requirements throughout process per plan.
- Uses requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests.
- Provides consulting to all stakeholders regarding requirements management working with Project Management.
- Independently prioritizes the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to project deliverables.
- Will take on assignments for large projects, and others as assigned,
- Monitors the technical team solution to ensure requirements fulfillment and solution evaluation,
- Leads and coordinates activities associated with requirements management vehicles,
- Coordinates activities with other business analysts,
- Participates in recommending and implementing continuous improvement plans for business analysis,
- Develops requirements adoption metrics and other methods of evaluating the long-term performance of the solution,
- Reviews and monitors the effectiveness of business analysis via test results,
- Provides status reports,
Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or comparable discipline plus six years of relevant experience analyzing business processes and data, or equivalent combination of experience, certification and education.
- IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or PMI Professional in Business Analysis Certification (PMI-PBA) preferred.
- Business education.
- ITIL framework and IT product methodologies.
- Familiarity with testing techniques and software.
- Prior experience in higher education environments a plus.
- Prior experience with Alumni/Development, Fundraising or CRM a plus.
- Experience in new system implementation a plus.
- Team Skills: Supports teammates at all times and in any way necessary to maintain a productive, energetic, efficient and dynamic WashU IT team. Communicates effectively and frequently both verbally and in writing with other members of the team. Collaborates with other teammates to provide assistance, and expertise, as well as to receive expert input and assistance from others delivering the best solution and experience for the customer.
- Customer Service: Must possess an aptitude for patience, professionalism, tactfulness and empathy. Must be enthusiastic and committed to helping others and exhibit the ability to quickly assess the specific needs of the customer to determine an appropriate course of action. Must be able to quickly defuse stressful or anxious situations.
- Business acumen coupled with technical knowledge.
- Experience working on technology and application development projects including developing technical requirements.
- Strong listening skills.
- Strong research skills with attention to detail.
- Strong relational database querying and data management skills (i.e. data integrity/mapping/migration).
- Experience developing functional and non-functional requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills; consultative approach.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis and business case development.
- Recognized within the organization as demonstrating expertise in business analysis methods and modeling techniques.
- Experience working closely with team members during solution development and product launch.
- Experience developing use cases.
- Experience developing data and process flows.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and independent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated successful performance with, giving presentations to both small and large audiences, and coordinating and completing multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines.
- Ability to contribute and collaborate effectively as a member of a highly-functioning and productive team.
- Demonstrated understanding of client relationship management, process mapping and improvement, project management, and production support.
- Proven ability to provide business analysis for large scope project teams to meet customer expectations.
- Demonstrated understanding of business analyst tools and techniques; demonstrated proficiency using MS Office and Visio tools.
The hiring range for this position is $73,944 to $97,968 annually.
To learn more about careers in Alumni & Development please visit http://alumni.wustl.edu/ContactUs/Career_Opportunities/.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Business Analyst IV - University Advancement System Replacement Project - 47605
Job ID: 47605
Location: Alumni & Development Programs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time