Washington University of St. Louis Applications Developer II - Radiology - 49239 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. This position requires the ability to be on-call as needed.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus. The ability to travel on and off-campus locations and meetings is required.
Under minimal supervision, provide cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new, modifying, and supporting existing software applications that are of a complex nature.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct work flow study and analyze business practices.
- Document existing processes as they relate to information technology solutions.
- Perform application lifecycle activities, including:
- Code, monitor, maintain, test, and debug software applications.
- Follow established change management processes.
- Facilitate code reviews.
- Develop test plan development.
- Make recommendations for hardware/software solutions.
- Create, document, schedule, and support operational activities.
- Coordinate with software vendors and external service providers.
- Troubleshoot software bugs and provide fixes.
- Provide off hours support, as needed.
- Provide, cultivate and foster excellent customer service.
- Promote adherence to departmental standards.
- Act as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, plus two years of relevant technology experience or an equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Two or more years of experience developing in .NET framework (.NET Core is preferred) using C#.
- Two or more years of experience with object-oriented design and software patterns.
- Two or more years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC.
- Experience with Microsoft Entity Framework.
- Experience with web services (Web API, REST) and SAML.
- Experience with Tableau or other reporting tools.
- Experience with unit testing and continued integration/automated build.
- Familiarity with HL7 or DICOM is a plus.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work as part of a team and independently.
The hiring range for this position is $64,854 - $84,364 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Applications Developer II - Radiology - 49239
Job ID: 49239
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time