Washington University of St. Louis Application Administrator I - Washington University IT - 50405 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
The individual will participate in on call rotations and will occasionally require working evenings and weekends.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Information Technology. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The individual will need to be able to travel to on-campus and off-campus locations for meetings as needed.
Under general supervision and technical guidance, the person in this position is responsible for the delivery of multiple functions and activities to support the delivery of vended applications to units across the University. Service functions include lifecycle management and impact analysis of changes, monitoring and issues management, vendor management and planning, delivery of updates, and organizational consulting within the University to support planning for changes and projects. The application administrator will possess a broad range of analytical/technical skills and experience with enterprise-class services. The administrator will work with a team of technical staff within the Washington University IT organization and schools to ensure that WashU IT services stay aligned with University initiatives that include research, teaching, and administrative objectives
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning & Analysis:
- Perform research, analyze technology and apply best practices to design technical solutions by utilizing systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications. Provides consulting to end users on best practices. Evaluate potential risks to the service and applications, develop mitigation plans and recommendations typically related to vendor provided application/system enhancements or new implementations.
- Lifecycle Management:
- Plan, review, coordinate, and manage annual and/or more frequent upgrades and maintenance projects across multiple applications supporting one or more units and lines of service to the University and community. Engage regularly with vendors to align to their release and product roadmaps and manage the vendor relationship to ensure continuous support is maintained. Studies and develops a comprehensive understanding of assigned applications. Validate, test and implement new products/applications, modules/features within an application, application releases and services.
- Operational Activities:
- Respond to and resolve incidents escalated from operational teams and performance tuning requests utilizing critical thinking skills. Provide monitoring and management of applications and manage issues and communications where appropriate. Create and maintain documentation related to services, solutions and interfaces. Work with the performance support team to plan training, documentation, and communication for major projects or releases.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate degree plus three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree plus three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Professional certification.
- Experience in enterprise-scale environments.
- Experience with systems analysis techniques and procedures for troubleshooting and planning system/application changes.
- Experience supporting units in the use and management of applications.
- Experience engaging with and managing Vendors for planning and managing service levels.
- Experience consulting with internal customers to evaluate requirements and service options.
- Experience with having to meeting service level expectations established with departments/customers.
- Team Skills: Supports teammates at all times and in any way necessary to maintain a productive, energetic, efficient and dynamic WashU IT team. Communicates effectively and frequently both verbally and in writing with other members of the team. Collaborates with other teammates to provide assistance and expertise as well as to receive expert input and assistance from others delivering the best solution and experience for the customer.
- Customer Service: Possess an aptitude for patience, professionalism, tactfulness and empathy. Enthusiastic and committed to helping others and exhibit the ability to quickly assess the specific needs of the customer to determine an appropriate course of action. Ability to quickly defuse stressful or anxious situations.
- High aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues.
- Effective oral and written presentation skills.
- Ability to adjust to changes in priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances.
- Good organizational skills.
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours as necessary and recognize the need to do so.
- Ability to adjust scheduled time.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving.
The hiring range for this position is $51,293 - $66,685 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Application Administrator I - Washington University IT - 50405
Job ID: 50405
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time