Expedia Manager I, Customer Account Protection in Springfield, Missouri
Do you have a passion for protecting customers against bad actors in cyberspace? We are seeking a highly motivated and hardworking operations Manager with a background in ecommerce risk or technology to lead a global team. As the Manager, you will be responsible for developing this new team dedicated to protecting our customer and our customer's data. You will manage an operations team and drive initiatives focused on key departmental objectives; representing our team in programs spanning across Expedia Group. You will help oversee the necessary business and technology support required to protect our customers. This requires flexibility in adapting your approach as circumstances change.
- You will play a critical role in management of Expedia Group's overall customer experience by preventing account compromise, and if it does occur, communicating with impacted customers.
- You are accountable for identifying staffing needs, handling logistics, hiring, training, and development of employees
- You will represent our team in multi-functional initiatives to develop solutions that assist in mitigating impacts to our customers
- Identify and drive process improvements within the customer account protection space, working cooperatively across technology, program, product, and business intelligence teams.
- You are responsible for collaborating with and/or leading operational excellence programs to drive performance improvements in prevention efforts
- Identify and assist in troubleshooting technical problems causing work stoppages, ensuring efficient resolution
- Develop knowledge of operational processes in support of customer account protection and be able to effectively represent these activities in discussions with Brands, product and technology teams.
- Collaborate with Brands and Product teams to identify operational and risk assessment of new businesses, products, and points of sale to develop risk mitigation strategies and operational processes
- Maintain standard reporting metrics and provides insight into operational non-standard reporting and metrics as required
- 2+ years experience in risk or security operations leadership in an ecommerce environment
- Experience planning, developing and executing on roadmaps
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Superb communication and organizational skills allowing you to fluidly move between technical and business groups
- Strong data and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate in a manner which ensures message is understood by all
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with both internal and external customers and business partners
- Proven capacity for work with ambiguous and complex situations that do not necessarily have a prescribed resolution
- Effectively motivate, develop, and lead members of your team including individual contributors and other management
- Ambitious and able to work well with frequently-shifting priorities
- Deep understanding of account security, payment fraud, fraud prevention techniques, and enthusiasm for protecting customer data
- Abide by the company data protection policies safe guarding confidential and personal information
Expedia Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time