VMware Network and Security Specialist in Saint Peters, Missouri
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide are committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting and one of the fastest growing businesses within VMware.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Account Executive on the security and networking team is responsible for a coordinated sales approach with VMware’s core sales teams. The mission of this group is to broaden the reach of these accounts in order to ensure the VMware security and networking foothold across the assigned regions. Our solution set is viewed as a ‘platform’ within an account and changes the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment.
Responsible for selling VMware NSX network virtualization, AVI, Velo Cloud and security solutions into Enterprise accounts Midwest.
· Do you have the ability to drive sales strategy and focus on top accounts and establish sales cadence with the corporate account team
· Can you adopt account portfolio sales strategy using channel partners
· Are you OK with the responsibility to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle
· Will you be able to drive virtualization adoption and identify new opportunities in Tier 1 accounts
· Can you solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position
· Are you able to match the VMware’s software defined data center stack to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
· 6+ years of experience in related datacenter software industry, security, or networking field
· 4+ years of experience in network route/switch, network management, cloud management, and/or network security based solutions
· Experience selling to Commercial or Enterprise accounts
· Experience selling in an overlay or product sales specialist capacity as well as both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
· Experience directing a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
· Consistent track record of success selling in a competitive environment
We look for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, teamwork above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun.
· Experience with new product introductions
· BA/BS degree or higher
· Estimated travel of between 30% and 50% depending on the density and size of the territory
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-03
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.