ABBTECH Professional Resources, Inc. Systems Admin IV in Saint Louis, Missouri
TS/SCI with CI/Polygraph
As a Software Application Services (SAS) Release Operations Systems Administrator utilizing System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Application Virtualization (APP-V) for Managed Software Services Release Operations the technician will execute software Configuration Item changes on all thick/thin client workstations across the multiple network enclaves. The system administrator will be responsible for deploying to Production/Enterprise Entities and to ensure the success of any software or operating system deployment to these critical segments. The Release Operations team adheres to industry standards throughout the deployment cycle of: notification, coordination, end point information gathering, actual deployment of the software, and the troubleshooting and resolution of any failed deployments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Systems administration of desktop and VDI systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT Systems
• Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/storage/network devices, etc.
• Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
• Installs/loads operating system and application software
• Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
• Execution of on-site, on the floor, technical and system administration support
• Support requirements for managing installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows workstations, including, network attached storage devices, and stored data in support of business processing requirements
• Perform software installations and upgrades to Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements; evaluation and installation of software/hardware patches and resolution of software related problems associated with COTS/GOTS products
• Assist with achieving optimum performance and availability standards through implementing appropriate technical solutions.
• Attend meetings weekly and provide weekly status reports.
• Resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshooting software, and hardware, diagnosis of network issues, and addressing trouble tickets and service tasks across all tiered levels.
• Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment
• Maintain operational, configuration, and other standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Verify system availability with existing Enterprise tools
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned
• Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
• Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years relevant experience or
• Associate’s Degree and 6+ years relevant experience or
• 10+ years relevant experience
• Years of relevant work experience includes:
o UNIX, Windows, and/or Storage administration
o Experience working with trouble reporting and tracking systems such as REMEDY or Service Now
o Experience supporting the IC/DOD
o Experience in the imagery intelligence domain a plus
• CompTIA Security+ or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent within 90 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: • Ability to create and modify scripts in multiple disciplines on Windows, and Solaris systems • Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies. • Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities is required. • Must possess strong problem solving and fault isolation skill sets • Knowledge of the Customer’s processes and procedures and of the Customer’s production systems a plus • Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. • Ability to function as a team member and independently • Ability to lift or move various pieces of computer equipment, (max 40 pounds). • Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Work Environment: • The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment. During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to cold or hot conditions or loud noise.
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans