Kelly Services Orders Certified - EPIC Clinical Business Solution Analyst in Saint Louis, Missouri
EPIC -Clinical Bus Solutions Analyst - Orders Certified
Location: St. Louis, MO 63127
Duration: 12 Months For the Orders position, our client is looking for candidates be Orders Certified with 3 + years of build experience of EAPs, BPAs, and Order Sets. They also need to have some testing experience.
This position is responsible for the design, build, testing, installation, and support of software applications required for the deployment and support of the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system.
This individual must have broad knowledge of application integration and data flow, as well as extensive experience in the on-site installation and support of Epic. Primary responsibilities include designing and modifying screens, design and configuring reports, and application workflows to support the organizational team, this individual will provide expert and creative solutions to user requirements and problems. Takes the initiative to research, resolve and respond to inquiries during the deployment and ongoing maintenance/support phases of the program. Requires EMR implementation experience coupled with knowledge of processes and workflows common in inpatient and ambulatory settings and advanced computer skills. This position is responsible for acquiring knowledge of EPIC clinical or revenue software, working independently in completing assigned project tasks, and executing the following tasks as part of a clinical or revenue systems support and implementation: building system components, testing, documentation of workflows and other project information, implementation support and maintenance of Epic clinical system software. In addition this position requires the ability to independently interact with clients and demonstrate critical thinking and follow through when developing solutions to identified issues.
• Reviews and understands system options and specifications in Client Revenue and Clinical Epic applications and utilizes the specifications as applicable to make recommendations on use.
• Performs in-depth analysis of end user department workflows, data collection, reports details and other technical issues associated with Epic software as they relate to system design and build decisions. Involves complex qualitative and quantitative analysis on data and information collected as part of application requirement gathering. Understand and translate the business functionality into Epic system and configuration and workflow validations.
• Proactively completes assigned Epic application build, management, and testing tasks to ensure the system meets end user requirements and functionality performs as specified with minimal guidance.
• Manages customer expectation while prioritizing and implementing requested changes to the system.
• Adheres to organizational policies and procedures and documents change control and system problems according to Client change control.
• Manages small projects and completes project deliverables as directed by Epic team leadership. Assists in planning and completion of projects on time and as designed. Performs work tasks according to work plans and within target times. Promptly notifies management of problems, unexpected tasks and missed targets.
• Identifies and resolves complex issues. This includes identifying appropriate parties and potential solution with minimal guidance.
• Works with all clinical, revenue, and IT constituents in positive, supportive, and collaborative team manner.
• Uses service center tracking system and maintains service level agreement guideline when completing incidents, software maintenance, and requests.
• Ensures that reports, data, and devices are appropriately secured? (keep Client build and configuration secure)
Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge and experience with health care information systems IT or knowledge of processes and workflows common in physician office practices across varied specialties combined with advanced computer skills. Preferred: prior experience working on project team(s), health care system administration, financial and/or clinical systems support and maintenance as well as general knowledge of major health care information issues.
• Knowledge of a variety of hardware and software environments and of the healthcare industry and Epic healthcare applications required.
• Analytical skills necessary to apply computer technology to resolve clinical problems and/or increase operational efficiency
• Ability to use standard flowcharting tools and techniques to create and maintain business process and functional flow charts.
• Ability to employ software quality assurance and testing concepts, techniques, industry best practices, and tools and standards.
• Demonstrates timely, effective and efficient troubleshooting of end user questions/complaints.
• Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with the customer. Ability to express needs clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities, produce accurate work, meets deadlines, and ability to function in a setting with a wide variety of duties and numerous interruptions. Self-directed in identifying changing demands and priorities.
• Dedication to detail with proven organizational skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
• Bachelor Degree in Health Care Administration, Clinical Information Systems, Informatics, Information Technology, or Sciences is required (or equivalent experience). RN, RRT, RPH, ARNP, or PA degrees may be acceptable.
• Prefer 3 years’ experience with clinical and/or revenue software or hardware technology including designing, configuring, training, or implementing clinical systems applications. Healthcare operations background is desirable, such as billing, scheduling, access services, health information management or other support functions.
• Solid knowledge of operational healthcare clinic or hospital workflows required. Experience with clinical and revenue workflow analysis for development of electronic solutions within assigned application.
• 2 years of hands-on Epic clinical or revenue systems experience with training in at least one area and hold an Epic certification for the application required.
• Demonstrated technical administrative experience with Epic clinical and/or revenue applications, including but not limited to master file maintenance and clinical or revenue build. Proven experience supporting Epic clinical and/or revenue application is required.
• Proven project management experience, both leading and participating on project teams, from initiation through successful implementation and acceptance of application changes.
• Excellent analysis, problem solving, and trouble-shooting skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• In-depth experience with Microsoft Office tools
• Good communications skills in technical and non-technical vernacular
• Core competencies include the ability to communicate effectively, work as an independent professional, be self-motivated, and work effectively in a team setting to facilitate timely and successful systems deployment and program execution.
Why Kelly ® ?
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you’ll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We’re here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.