U.S. Bank Lead Testing Analyst - Compliance Quality Assurance in SAINT LOUIS, Missouri
Lead regulatory testing of banking, payments, and investments services pertaining to Canada and Cayman Islands activities. Assess the business line’s compliance with applicable internal policies and procedures, the adequacy of internal controls, and compliance with applicable international requirements. Successful candidate will lead in development of comprehensive testing plans, lead testing/monitoring activities, and communicate findings, as well as recommend corrective action. Ongoing oversight/evaluation of European compliance testing activities will be a key responsibility. Support of domestic regulatory testing may be necessary as risk-based testing plans are developed.
The ideal candidate will perform the following essential functions:
• Lead and conduct compliance testing of banking, payments, and investments services pertaining to Canada and Cayman Islands activities to ensure adherence with applicable procedures and regulatory requirements;
• Engage European compliance personnel on an ongoing basis to evaluate adequacy of compliance testing activities;
• Identify and recommend corrective action necessary to address compliance gaps or improve adherence to regulatory requirements;
• Develop a strong understanding of the business line’s key risks and corresponding controls;
• Evaluate the adequacy of the business line’s controls;
• Maintain thorough documentation of work performed and support conclusions;
• Provide detailed written reports summarizing findings and present to the testing manager;
• Participate in compliance projects and initiatives, as necessary; and
• Keep abreast of legal and regulatory matters affecting the compliance testing program.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
10 or more years of applicable experience
• 7 years of experience in testing/regulatory compliance activities
• Experience leading testing activities, both independently and collaboratively
• Strong knowledge of international (European, Canadian, and Cayman Islands) laws and regulations associated with business line activities
• Strong knowledge of domestic laws and regulations
• Strong oral and written interpersonal communication skills
• Thorough understanding of the business line’s operations, product/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
• Thorough knowledge of the business line and the regulatory trends that could impact it
• Thorough knowledge of Risk/Compliance/Audit competencies
• Strong process facilitation, project management and analytical skills
• Business acumen and credibility
• Self-starter with the ability to manage the workload and handle competing priorities
• Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
Primary Location: Missouri-MO-Saint Louis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200016297
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.