The Boeing Company HorizonX - Business Development Specialist in Saint Louis, Missouri
The Boeing Company is seeking a Business Development Specialist to join the HorizonX/NeXt team. This position can sit in Seattle, Washington, Saint Louis, Missouri or Mountain View, California.
As a member of HorizonX/NeXt, this level 4 Business Development Specialist will be responsible for developing and executing actionable strategies to engage and capture new business with customers, joint partners and start-ups. In order to successfully execute on the opportunities identified, the incumbent will work with the HorizonX/NeXt Strategy team, develop internal and external relationships and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions for new business generation and execution. In addition to these groups, the incumbent will also interact with suppliers, subsidiaries, senior executives of Fortune 50 companies, private equity firms and significant venture capital organizations as required to support enterprise related growth objectives. Overall, the HorizonX/NeXt Business Development team supports the development of new business opportunities in adjacent markets with external partners leveraging existing core technologies and capabilities of the Boeing Company.
The responsibilities for this position are, but not limited to:
• Develops relationships and negotiates mutually beneficial solutions for new business generation and execution • Capable of rapidly building and executing on projects designed to test new markets that meet customer/partner and Boeing objectives • Cultivates relationships and assesses opportunities for equity investments and/or partnerships to drive global growth. • Capable of establishing and leveraging strategic partnerships to accelerate market access and enhance value for Boeing and partner companies • Promotes the image, brand and awareness of Boeing in both sustaining and cultivating partnerships. • Able to cultivate expertise and technology from across the Boeing enterprise and leverage it to provide value in new markets or with partner companies • Ensures clear reach-back and engagement with Executive Council, Business Units, and relevant functions. • Develops strategic alternatives, drives decision alignment and communicates Boeing strategies to achieve global growth, innovation and productivity. • Researches and synthesizes market & competitive intelligence to obtain insights. • Analyzes, aligns and integrates strategies across Company objectives, functions and business units. • Aligns, integrates and supports Executive Council decision making.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
• Experience with business strategy
• Experience in project management, deal-making, negotiations
• Strong communication & contracting skills
• Experience working with internal/external teams to find collaborative solutions to develop new businesses/markets
• Experienced with contract negotiations and aligning the interests of internal and external stakeholders
Typical Education and Experience:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Job Marketing & Sales Rep
Organization: VP Corporate Strategy
Title: HorizonX - Business Development Specialist
Location: Missouri-Saint Louis
Other Locations: United States-California-Mountain View, United States-California-Menlo Park, United States-Washington-Seattle
Requisition ID: 1800074035