MasterCard VP, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
VP, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard is recruiting a Vice President of Software Engineering to lead software engineering teams that develop applications that support of our Dual Message Authorization platform. The Dual Message Authorization platform transmits card or token authorization validation data among issuers, acquirers, and points of interaction. In addition, the platform also enables integration of Mastercard Value-Added Services.
The Dual Message Platform is the heartbeat of Mastercard, maintaining its high availability, high resiliency and best in class security posture is a key part of this role. Modernization of the processes and technology used and continuing to develop the right skills on the team is also required.
As the VP of Software Engineering, you will lead our engineers in St. Louis, Pune and Chennai, partner with our business counterparts in New York, and work closely with other key stakeholders to ensure we are delivering the best value for Mastercard in each of our quarterly releases.
As a technology leader, you will build and maintain a high-performing engineering team that is grounded on a culture of trust, ownership and innovation. Possessing hands-on technical experience will bring considerable value to lead the team’s large-scale efforts in application development.
Additional Key Responsibilities
• Lead transformation efforts, partnering with other leaders in the organization.
• Responsible for hiring and developing engineering and engineering management talent.
• Owner of the Dual Message (Credit) platform.
• Manager of managers and senior individual contributors.
• Collaborate across other teams to deliver results.
• Consistently raise standards, insisting on better and continuously improving.
All About You
• You are a hands-on, technical and people leader able to manage directly and through others.
• As a technically astute leader, your recognized subject matter expertise allows you regularly dive deep into everything your teams do.
• Your leadership style is based on building trust with your team, your peers, and your management and especially leading by example.
• You are high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and adaptive and can work in a dynamic environment.
• You possess strong communication skills - both verbal and written – and are able to get your point across efficiently to a wide range of audiences.
• You are obsessed with results, and effectively define and communicate objectives and how success will be measured to your teams and other stakeholders.
• You have strong decision-making skills, and you have a bias for action rather than drawn-out analysis because you understand that most decisions are not irreversible.
• You have an ability to simultaneously manage short-term priorities and long-term initiatives.
• You regularly lead retrospection, and continually improve as a result.
• You have strong collaborative and organizational skills and you value transparency over avoiding scrutiny.
• You understand how to guide a team member’s career including performance evaluation, coaching, and motivation.
• You are an experienced manager able to evaluate and coach other managers.
• You are experienced in distributed system design and implementation, and have a good understanding of how high-performance, high-reliability, large-scale distributed systems are built and operated.
• You have expert level knowledge of software development processes, and you practice Agile at an advanced level.
• You are an experienced user of one or more Application Lifecycle Management tools (e.g., Rally, Jira).
• You have an understanding and experiencing in managing budget, are able to read, understand and lead the development of a business case.
• You can exercise influence outside your own teams to achieve results for the entire organization.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113468