MasterCard Systems Platform Engineer I, Mastercard Launch 2021 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Systems Platform Engineer I, Mastercard Launch 2021
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Mastercard Launch is a full-time graduate development program designed to build the skills we leverage most as an innovator in the payments space, connects employees in enriching ways, and immerses new talent into our Doing Well by Doing Good culture. This program is meant for those who dare to be greater and those who wish to make a real impact in the world.
Eligibility requires degree completion of a bachelors or masters degree in December of 2020 or May 2021.
MasterCard Systems Platform Engineering build, implement, and maintain support for Mastercard's systems/platforms for performance, efficiency, and capacity by analyzing and testing the facilities, and identifying/diagnosing performance issues (eg, middleware, compute & storage).
• Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid
parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while
encouraging your own professional learning and development?
• Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your
skills and career?
• Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program
that attracts, develops and retains the most talented employees around the world?
• Do you want to join an inclusive culture where employees, in all their diversity, feel valued,
respected and who can bring their authentic selves to work? Learn more at Mastercard’s
Corporate Sustainability Report
• Build and implementation of new middleware components such as JBoss, WebSphere,
Tomcat, F5 (BIG-IP), Webseal/ISAM, IIS, Apache, etc.
• Collaborate with Development teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve application and
usability issues and suggest to engage the Technology Engineer for any new requirements
which are not defined in standard architecture design document (TAD).
• Document installation and configuration procedures to allow maintenance and repetition
as well as maintaining this documentation.
• Implement complex security integration utilizing MSSL, mutual authentication, hardware
certificates, software certificates, dynamic endpoints, and other security models.
• Participate in the project's environment shakedown testing and troubleshooting efforts as
• Responsible for project handover to the Web operations team with hand over
documentation from a Web infrastructure perspective.
All About You
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program majoring in Computer
Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field with a graduation date of December
2020 or May 2021.
• Experience developing and maintaining platform and software products
• Participates in supporting an assigned global technology domain initiative, applying an
awareness of global issues, challenges, and priorities
• Experience collaborating with internal partners on routine operational and engineering
• Advanced knowledge of Internet architecture and project delivery
• Intermediate knowledge of JBoss, WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache, and WebSeal
• Intermediate knowledge of load balancers and web application firewalls
• Intermediate knowledge of network and operating system principles
• Experience with automation
• Strong communication skills
• Detailed oriented
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113849